Mom's PET Results :-(

tiredmom959

My mom got her PET results today ... not good. The small area they saw on the last has grown, plus three small additional areas, all in the left lung area or chest.

She doesn't see the doc again until 7/12, but he's probably going to recommend taxotere as the next try, if she decides to do it.

I couldn't decided whether I wanted to know before the weekend or not. Still not sure what was best. She is very, very defeated feeling. Anyone with taxotere experience? I don't think I have the mood to search around right now.

I am sorry for your news. This cancer CRAP is very frustrating. You are afraid to be too happy when things go well, because you don't know what is lurking around the corner. I am sure you will get more responses on this, but I wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and hoping whatever your Dr. decides will be good for your Mom.

Take Care,

Bobby

I am so sorry about your mom's diagnogsis.

My husband had taxotere and it was fine. He had more trouble with the needle for his white count then he did on that chemo.

She should be fine with it. But again we all react differently. I pray this will go smoothly for her.

Just be there for her and let her know how much you love her. Try to keep her mood as positive as you can.

We are always here for you and you are never alone.

Maryanne

Taxotere knocked the stuffing out of my tumor. Weekly doses (which I did while I was on radiation) were a breeze for me, but the larger dose (every 3 weeks) really wiped me out for about 4 days after treatment. Other than fatigue, I had no other side effects. Hope your mom has the same success that I did.

Trish