Mom in really bad shape. Please read, maybe you know someth

marylou

My Mom has lung cancer. she was on Iressa and 2 weeks ago dr told her xray showed tumor had shrunk. She was sick on that visit and he told her since she did not feel well to stop taking the Iressa for a week or two, it would not matter. After that she became very sick and now they say the tumor is taking up her entire left lung. it has paralized her vocal cord, she cant talk and she has pneumonia in both lungs. They say she only has 2 months to live. This Dr said he did not know anything about Iressa. How could he tell her to not take it. Does anyone know if this could have caused the tumor to grow like this? Where can i go to find out? Please all of you say a prayer for my Mom. She is my best friend and one of the nicest people I have ever known.

Hello Michelle;

So very sorry to hear your mom is not doing well; Please know she will be in my thoughts and prayers. I would if possible seek another opinion and hopefully at a cancer center.

You might also want to send Peg a pm, I think her husband Bill was in a very similar situation, the Iressa was not working and he went into a new trial.

again, will be praying for your mom

God bless & hang in there!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Ohh!, I think Peg just posted right in front of me, there's the trial! gemzar?

A second opinion does sound like a good idea. And with the statistics don.t listen the doctors arent in her body and they cant possibly tell time. I know I am on here sometimes crying about the doctors telling my my dad only has 6 months or so but you really cant believe it. And with the wonderful support from eveyone on this site just makes you stronger. Keep the faith and dont ever lose hope

God Bless

Christy

I have answered this on another place for you. I don't know about tumor growth, but I do know that Iressa can cause pneumonia as an allergic reaction in some cases. My wife was one of the cases and had to be removed from the medication and treated with steroids. The FDA website has information on Iressa and pneumonia. You may want to check it out and inform the doctor. Don