Home!

Welthy

Welthy

So pleased that you have Tony home with you. What that Dr said was totally outrageous - ooohh, I feel so annoyed at the way we are sometimes treated and dismissed by people who are in the 'so-called' caring profession !!! You both have the best attitude tho -- you both rock !!!

Love

Dawn xx

This thread seems to have a life of its own, so I'd better jump in before the water gets too cold.

If I read Welthy's initial post correctly, this moron is not an MD, not a doctor, not a physician, but a PA -- physician assistant aka physician associate. As such he practices under the supervision of a licensed physician. I don't know about Illinois, but for example in Utah (their law popped up early on Google) "a physician assistant may not...use the title 'doctor' or 'physician' or by any knowing act or omission lead or permit anyone to believe he is a physician." Not to say he did that, but he sounds like the type that might "allow" the impression to take hold.

I would guess the statutes in all states have fairly similar restrictions. Even if there's no legal prohibition on a PA having delusions of grandeur, an unjustifiably large ego, or the bedside manner of a (what's that cute thing Christine said?), a thoughtful letter to the hospital chief of staff and this guy's MD supervisor should bring him down a notch or two. The next couple he pulls this on is likely to be more fragile than our Tony-Debi fearsome twosome!

Aloha,

Ned

I don't have any good answers for calories at this point, except for sugar-free yogurt, ice cream and cookies. Bill lives on cookies, ice cream, peanut butter and bananas. Anyway, you two are really something and I hope YOU (Debi) can continue your courageous attitude. God bless you both.

Thanks a bunch everyone -- you are all a hoot! (and loving and caring!) I always feel stronger knowing you are all out there, Kasey's boxing gloves and all. :D

Oh my dear Ned, the doctor was actually a partner in our general physician's practice -- maybe I stated it wrong. He was the one who got the hospital visitation duties for the practice that weekend. Although his blue medical coat said M.D., it didn't say God. :wink:

Love you all. We see the oncologist tomorrow and he better not be having "the talk". grrrr....

Thanks for all the food tips too! Going shopping today.

Welthy

I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm thinking about you and Tony and sending many prayers. I'm so glad he's home, but so sorry you had that experience with such an insensitive doctor. It makes me wonder why they even chose their profession. I think you handled it very well though. It pleases me to know that it has not effected your possitive attitude and Tony's will to fight. Hang in there.

"Welthy" ...the doctor was actually a partner in our general physician's practice -- maybe I stated it wrong. He was the one who got the hospital visitation duties for the practice that weekend. Although his blue medical coat said M.D., it didn't say God. :wink:

At first I thought oh, good, I'm glad I was mistaken about the PA part. But after 2 seconds on that path, it seems clear that his being an MD makes it even worse, in part because it's harder and maybe impossible to fix! So I'll stand behind those portions of my statement that still make any sense. :P

Aloha,

Ned

"recce101"]
"Welthy" ...the doctor was actually a partner in our general physician's practice -- maybe I stated it wrong. He was the one who got the hospital visitation duties for the practice that weekend. Although his blue medical coat said M.D., it didn't say God. :wink:

At first I thought oh, good, I'm glad I was mistaken about the PA part. But after 2 seconds on that path, it seems clear that his being an MD makes it even worse, in part because it's harder and maybe impossible to fix! So I'll stand behind those portions of my statement that still make any sense. :P

Aloha,

Ned

For what it's worth Ned, I am going to use that from now on if ever proven wrong on the facts (or law). Should get me far in my nascent legal career. Classic.