Pancoast tumor? medistinal with spinal and rib invasion

michiganlisa

Hi, my mother is scheduled for a biopsy tomorrow. Her general physician told me she has a pancoast tumor. I am going to post on the early stage support forum. My question now is, in order for you helpful people to read what has happened so far, how do I post this information under my posts regarding times and dates and diagnoses? I have many questions for you. Thank you, Lisa

Welcome Lisa,

Sorry to hear about mom but glad you found us. Saw your other post. One of our members Kasey (also her screen name) was diagnosed with a Pancoast tumor and was told it was inoperable/incurable. She found a surgeon, had the surgery and it was successful. Might want to PM her for info, she is very helpful and caring. She is on a Hall Pass and won't be back until Thursday. Stay with us and keep us posted. Great place for sharing, caring and support. Prayers for the best.

Rich

Thank you wendyr and dadstimeon for your replies. I have read kaseys story and many of her posts, I will send her a message. Also, I posted in the early stage forum, I thought that meant for people who do not know what stage the diagnosed cancer is in yet! Now I find out that means stage I or II. I should have posted in the general or nsc forum. Im sure in a couple of weeks I will know what everything means.Thanks again, Lisa

Hi, Lisa, welcome to the group!

Don't worry too much about posting in the "correct" forum. Many (maybe most) of us use the feature "View posts since last visit" which is just above the "Last Post" column of the page when you first log in. That will display all of the recent posts regardless of what forum they're in. Also, sometimes the focus of a topic shifts as more responses are added, and that's not a big deal either. If it gets really off topic, one of our moderators can move the thread to a more appropriate forum.

Again, welcome, and let us know how things are going. Aloha,

Ned

Hi Lisa-

I read your post in early stage. I take it you are in Michigan? Don't worry about the tumor being inoperable- many people do well on chemo and radiation. The University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor has a lung cancer clinic (Dr. Kalimkarian) which is a great place for a second opinion (once you have an actual first opinion and treatment option). If you are anywhere near the Flint area, we are pretty happy with our oncologist and I can give you his name.

Rochelle

Kasey, I have just read your pm message, will reply tomorrow...need to gather my thoughts and facts plus have a sick daugter here (nothing serious just a cold!). I appreciate your quick reply. I will talk to you soon.

Ry,(and Kasey) I live about 30 miles north of Detroit,MI. near a town called Romeo, and my Mom is about a 1/2 hour north of Flint in Saginaw. I have a copy of address and phone number for U of M in Ann Arbor . Trying to get my ducks in a row for second or third opinions after we see local onc in Saginaw in 1 and 1/2 weeks.