Feeling Great :o)

babylove91297

Hi Everybody,

Just thought I would drop a few lines to let everyone know that I am feeling great. My first few days during and after my 1st round of chemo were hard but bearable, I had a lot of nausea, and did get sick a few times, but thank God that's gone. I also have been feeling a little shaky, the doctor said that I need to take my xanax, that it should help. I'm not feeling as tired as I was either. Actually, I almost feel normal, except for the soreness and bruising from the iv sites.

I really didn't expect to feel so well, but I am so happy that I do. I hope and pray my next treatments will be as easy on me. I still have to go get the port a cath put in before my next treatment, and I am a little scared of that, because I just don't know what to expect.

I hope all of you are well, and I want to thank you all for your continued caring and support. You all have been a special blessing to me :) .

God bless you all,

Bobbie

The port-a-cath will make your life much easier and there's nothing to worry about when they put it in. Everyone that I know has had just about the same experience. Basically, you fall asleep, the port is put in chest, and then you wake up. Very little pain afterwards. Can't swim until the incision heals. The port can be used right away. Good luck and stop worrying about it. Do let us know how it goes.

Muriel

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling so well. I would talk to the doc about the nausea and vomitting. A simple change in the dose or type of nausea meds may fix that for you.

My husband never got a port (hated to be under anesthesia) but my sister has one and she loves it. No more needle sticks and bruises.

I'll be sending positive vibes that future treatments will be as bearable for you.

Peace.