Connie B - TALKS TO ME 11/6

Donna G

The Lord is good!!! Connie was extubated from the vent yesterday morning and is doing GREAT . She hopes they will be able to take the chest tube out today. She had liquids during the day yesterday and had order supper last evening! Of course she is still on " drugs", those chest tubes are no picnic but she sounds so happy that this time all went well!! I pray for her continued recovery and ask that you join me. This is a tough Lung Cancer Awareness month for Connie , she usually is so busy not only with her support group, telephone buddy, etc but for several years in awareness events but this year she just needs to get herself well. The plan is for her to be able to get the tube out and perhaps be home on Saturday! She wanted me to send lots of (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))). Donna G

Visited Connie this afternoon. The chest tube is out. Great news!. They are giving her a couple more units of blood today. She is still hooked up to the monitors, central presure things etc and is on an IV med to raise her BP but she looks great and is in good spirits. Hope soon she will be able to get up and start walking around. She is still hoping she will get to go home on Saturday. I continue to pray for her steady recovery. Donna G

Donna, thank you very much for the update;

tell her we miss her, and praying real hard for her; :(:(:(

and give her a very, very gentle ((((( hug )))))) from me!!

God bless her and comfort her

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"