Tomorrow's the day...

Guest hearrean

Guest hearrean

Well, my chemo port will finally be implanted tomorrow at 6:30 AM and treatments will start on Thursday. Everything is finally coming to a head & the waiting will be behind me. I'm just praying the chemo has some positive effect on the tumor & nodes.

Ken

Guest hearrean

Well, the port implant went well yesterday. They did mine under a local with some other meds for calming. They placed it on the upper left side since my mass & affected nodes are on the right. They said that way if I had to have radiation, it wouldn't interfere.

I must say, it is fairly sore but I'm sure that will ease in a few days. Chemo starts tomorrow (Thursday).

Ken

"hearrean" ...They placed it on the upper left side since my mass & affected nodes are on the right. They said that way if I had to have radiation, it wouldn't interfere.

A few days ago someone was asking about the left vs. right choice and we came up with all sorts of reasons and opinions, but I think the explanation given to you makes the most sense.

Good luck with chemo. Let us know how it's going and we'll help you through the side effects. Aloha,

Ned