Update on my Dad

drea73

I posted on here a few weeks ago for the first time. My dad had a chest Xray and a mass came up on it. He had surgery last Wednesday (Nov. 28th)to remove the mass. When the surgeon got into his lung there were a few more tiny masses. Half of his left lung was removed. There were also a few tiny masses on the lymph node which were removed. This is not good from what I understand. He starts Chemo in January but the Dr's are optimistic. He was only in the hospital for 2 days after the surgery. This worries me. He's been out for a week now and today he's developed a fever today so I hope thats Ok. Some days are good for him, others not so good. He's been diagnosed as stage 2b. I'm still worried all the time about him.

Hi Drea

I had surgery in September and had 40% of my left lung removed. I was released from hospital after 3 days. A week later I developed a fever which turned out to be a kidney infection and was treated with medication. I am a stage 1b and will start adjuvant chemo. next week.

My dads still in the hospital. I guess thats the best place for him if he's sick. I can't help but wonder if the other hospital should have kept him longer than 2 days if he had half his lung removed.

The cat scan showed a small amount of fluid in his lung so he's on antibiotics. He's still in some pain from the incision and has a hard time getting comfortable and sleeping. He's been at the hospital since Saturday and they still can't tell him for sure whats wrong. Pretty scarey stuff.

Just got back from the hospital and he's doing 100% better than yesterday. He's out of isolation, up and walking around and probably out tommorrow. What a difference a day can make. Has an appointment with a Dr. on the 21st to discuss chemo options.