Best kept secret... To Bucky..

Maryanne

Hi Bucky and others who are wine drinkers..

If you are near a Traders Joe's that has a liquor store you are in luck.

They have a $1.99 wine call Charles Shaw or another name is "two buck chuck".

We were turned on by a friend who is a wine connoisseur and he gave us a bottle to try. He did not tell us the price or where it was purchased.

Joel absolutely loved it. As he is a red wine drinker. I drink white but I did try it. I actually liked it but I still prefer white.

Anyway, he told us it was purchased at Trader Joes. We have a couple TJoes near us but they do not sell liguior. There was one 2 hours away in North Jersey. My daughter who lives there brought Joel 2 cases up at Xmas. But she bought the white instead of the red. I tasted the white and loved it and so did she. So we split a case. She was going to take the other one back when her friends tasted it and loved it so they divided it up.

She then went back and got her dad a case of the red as he perfers the Cabernet Sauvignon.

Now mind you some states charge an extra dollar like New Jersey :roll: (what a corrupt state I live in) so it cost $2.99 instead of $1.99.

It even is corked.

Try it if you have a TJ near you that sells it.

Also google it to see peoples comments. The Shiraz actually won a wine tasting award.

Charles Shaw is an American brand of "extreme value" wine. All from California vineyards, Charles Shaw wines currently include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz varietals, Valdigue in the style of Beaujolais nouveau, and limited quantities of Pinot Grigio. These wines are distributed predominantly by Trader Joe's grocery stores, and sell for $1.99 in California. Charles Shaw wines are affectionately known as "Two Buck Chuck."

Due to the three-tier system, in other states the price can go up to around $4. As such, the wine is often referred to as "Three Buck Chuck" or "Four Buck Chuck" relative to the price.

Maryanne :wink:

PS. Our frinds really like it and want Nicole to bring them cases. Hey for $1.99 try it!! What could you lose 2 bucks -you can always Chuck it... :lol:

I am having trouble finding the stores that have the wine locations on line.

If anyone know in their area please post it.

I sent them a email and asked for the wine locations.

I will post, when it is sent

I called but there is no one there on the weekends.

Oh Maryanne!!

Chuck and I are GOOD friends. :lol:

Outside of California, it is Three-buck Chuck. At least it is at our Trader Joe's in IL. It's cheap, but it's damn good wine for all occasions, unless you are a wine connoisseur. I'm not. :roll: People buy it by the caseloads here. All types too! TJ's also has a fabulous selection of all kinds of foods. My son brought home a wonderful pre-spiced piece of lamb and some salmon.

pour_1.gif

Cheers!

Welthy

Thanks Rich,

I knew someone would send me a link. I saw that link but did not go down to the bottom to read the asericks.

Bucky, they don't seem to have a TJ in Greensboro, but these are the stores that carry the wine, maybe one is close to you.

Chapel Hill,Cary, Charlotte South and Charlotte North.

Dear Maryann & Joel I love traders Joe, unfortunally we don't have one in Greensboro, but there is ne in Charlotte where my dughter goes to college, so after I finish this E-mail I will ask her if she can bring me a case. The cheese here is prety good & not expensive.

BUT REALLY WE NEED TO KEEP IT A SECRET, so the price stay the same

love & health &THANKS FOR THE TIP :lol::D [/i]

Bucky, don't forget to make sure you tell your daughter what kind to pick up and make sure she checks it.

We told Nicole to pick up Cabernet Sauvignon. My daughter saw Sauvignon, but did'nt realize it was Sauvignon Blanc which was white. That worked out good anyway as I'm a white wine drinker. I would like to try the Pinot Grigio but that says limited quanties for some reason.

Anyway make sure she gets the kind you like. We are not Shiraz drinkers but that won a tasting contest.

If you have not tried Charles Shaw let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!