Shorten Scrolling Time by Editing Out Extras in Replies

Barb73

This morning, Sunday, March 31, 2008, I edited all the extra signatures on each of Bill's profiles. It only took a "click" of the signature button on each.

I realized when scrolling down, that all of Bill's profiles weren't needed on each and every post in an ongoing "conversation."

This should make it easier for newcomers who arrive and wish to follow the conversation line. There won't be so much time spent scrolling my replies.

I am learning. 8)

Barbara

you can use this whenever you want to let us know what is going on if you need help or someone needs info!You are doing fine!! :wink::lol::)

Barb, if you don't mind I would like to make a suggestion regarding PROFILES.

1. We have a Forum "MY STORY" which we hope all our members will take the time to share there ENTIRE story from beginning to present and that also includes treatments, etc., By doing this, a person can write down everything in LONG FORM and not leave out anything. All a person's doctor's appointments can be added in a person's Story, all the ups and downs, etc., etc.

2. For "MY Profile" try and keep them short and to the point. Dates, kind of treatments, type of cancer, surgeries, kinds of chemo's. Try NOT to make your profile a story. By doing that, it will keep the Profiles short and easy to read. MOST of us lung cancer survivors don't like to have to read lengthy things. Lack of concentrations. :roll::wink: I won't even talk about the ability to remember!! :roll::?8):lol:

But we can ALL keep in mind that IF EVERYONE posts there "MY STORY" in the MY STORY Forum, we will be able to go back and read a persons entire journey.

Does this help anyone and does this make sense?

This isn't a RULE of LCSC that anyone has to follow, it's just a suggestion from ME.

We're GLAD to have you back Barb, your always thinking of others! :wink: I'm like you in that I try to make life easy. Doing things the SHORTCUT way are easy to me! :wink:

But we can ALL keep in mind that IF EVERYONE posts their "MY STORY" in the MY STORY Forum, we will be able to go back and read a person's entire journey. Does this help anyone and does this make sense?

I think that's a good approach, Connie, one that I will get around to shortly. One reason I hadn't done a My Story is that I've told it in a reasonably complete manner in various posts, and the other reason is laziness. But having all of them in one place sounds very useful, and I'll do it -- that is, if I haven't already and just forgot about it, which is possible too...

At the same time that I compile My Story, I'll put a link directly to it in my profile, which I've learned is quite easy to do -- right-click the little icon at the top of the post, select "Copy Link Location" (in Firefox) or "Copy Shortcut" (in Internet Explorer), and paste into the profile. Aloha,

Ned

I realized when scrolling down, that all of Bill's profiles weren't needed on each and every post in an ongoing "conversation."

I think Barb nailed it with the above. If there is an ongoing discussion fine, edit out the signature line profile.

I am a person who wanted information and facts. The signature profiles, done appropriately, always gave me fast information in a useful format. I spent almost a year reading the profiles, but not joining these forums -- a lurker. I so hate to see some of them disappear when we lose someone because vital information is gone for those who come after. I've rarely read the "My story" section because the useful facts are buried in them. Knowledge was key for me. (Tony & I did write up a "My Story" but, being me, it turned into "War & Peace" so I never posted it.) :oops: I also didn't do Test/Update type posts all the time, so my signature line profile was how many people kept up with Tony's journey.

Just my humble opinion. Condense as much as possible, but pertinent info is so useful & gives hope to many via the profiles. (For those who've known me awhile, my profile is about as condensed as I get! :roll: LOL) In my own defense, Tony did go through a lot of stuff on his journey, so his is longer because of that. (Hey -- I'm pleading my case here!! :lol: )

I suggest utilizing Carepages.com for more detailed information and a helpful way to keep friends and family updated.

Welthy

Dear All,

This has been so interesting, and really good suggestions.

I love this place!

(It's where I need to be and am feeling the support.)

Love to all of you guys. You are great.

The "MY STORY" section will be my next stop. For today, it's infusion day, so pretty much filled in for "things to do."

Thanks again.

Barbara