Do you think it is time again

lilyjohn

With all of the bad weather going on for the last few weeks I think it is time for a roll call don't you? Has everyone survived the floods and tornados without any damage or injuries? Please check it and let us all know how things are with you.

this is a great idea because I do worry so much for members when i do not know exact locations I get worried. I am ok having had a tornado confirmed less then 5 miles from my house. Thanks Lily!!!! :wink::)

Nothing to exciting weather wise going on up here in WI... although check back in a day or two, cause it might be snowing :) Seriously... we have only have 3 seasons up here, Road construction, Deer Hunting and Winter. LOL :lol::lol::lol:

All's fine for now.. could be a bit warmer though

Shelli

As Muriel said, the brush fires here are terrible. I live in Palm Bay, a town of about 60 square miles. Right now, there are 9 brush fires burning in Palm Bay. That doesn't count the 1500 acres of fires that are burning in our neighboring town of Malabar. It was so scary last night! We had gone out for dinner and couldn't get back home, as all the roads were blocked. There were red flames all around us. Looked like one of the pictures you see portraying hell. On the street next to my DIL's family, two people lost their homes last night. When I look out my window right now, I see smoke billowing up in all directions. Yesterday, I-95 and US Highway 1 were closed in both directions. My son is at home, garden hose in hand, preparing to start wetting down his roof. When he goes outside, ashes are covering his head.

Please guys....say prayers for us!!!

PS....A good rain dance wouldn't hurt either!!!!

Our governor has just declared Palm Bay a state of emergency. There are fires everywhere you look. I just left my sons house and a huge blaze is roaring 3 streets from his house. It sounds like a war zone with all of the transformers popping. Many people are without power and this means they have no water. My Son & DIL packed animals and photos in their vehicles and are ready to go to my other sons in Melbourne. I have photos and important papers packed. The police believe this is the work of an arsonist that is setting fires about a mile apart in a line.

Please pray for us. It is so sad to see this happening. All around there are men on their roof with a hose, wetting things down to try and save their homes.

Here's some news from our local channel.

http://www.wftv.com/index.html

Oh Ann you know I am thinking about you and praying for you. This is unbelieveable. Everday another disaster. I know how frightening those fires can be. I had to run from two of them withing 10 months a few years ago. All you can do is leave. Make all the precautions you can the get out of there. Pray that all will be well and leave it in the Lord's hands. Please keep in touch. I hope you still have my cell number. I worry about people when I know there is danger and don't hear from them.

I just want to let you know that I heard from Ann. She said she is safe and so is her home for now. The fires are starting to be partially contained. The man who was arrested was less than a mile from her home. The situation is still very dangerous and we need to continue praying for her and everyone in that area. Also the people in the middle of the country. The weather is just unreal.

Here where I live in Northern California we are under a red flag warning for very high fire danger. Our temperatures will be over 100 for the rest of this week with a wind blowing and gusting up to 40 miles an hour. Sense mid February we have had less than an inch of rain. They are already talking about rationing this summer but the main concern is fire. This is a very volital fire area every year. So if you have any prayers left over say one for us.

In the mean time I sure wish the people in the South and Mid West would check in. Those tornados have really killed and injured a lot of people and I know I am not the only one concerned about all of you.

Thanks Lilly for giving us an update on our Ann. I truely am very pleased to hear she is doing okay. But your right, they are not out of the woods yet. Will continue to keep her and her family in my prayers.

Hope nothing starts up in your neck of the woods either. This weather is crazy. Here in Minnesota we are still trying to bring in Spring weather. It's getting better, but just a few days ago up north of the Twin Cities they got 7 inches of snow on Mother's Day! We're ready for Spring and some warm weather.

Wishing everyone well.