Best friend, business partner & father just diagnosed

Hey there,

I'm a 25 year old, single mother of a 3 year old, business owner whose father was just diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer last week. He's the closest person to me (besides my daughter) and so I've gone from being a seriously responsible, capable and driven person, to feeling physically and mentally unable; Almost like I've been hit by a two-by-four. I am now taking on what was always my dad's role as cornerstone of our friends, family and business ventures. Glad to have these sites so that I don't get dumped into the looney bin.

L

Hi L-

Welcome to the forum. So sorry you need to be here. You will find this site very supportive with a lot of info and support from some really great people.

Please keep us posted on dad's treatment plan and how he is doing. Come here and vent, ask questions, whatever you need. We will be here for you.

Where in Ohio do you live??? I am in Parma Hts just outside of Cleveland.

Hugs - Patti B.

Hello L and welcome...

I am so sorry about your Dad's diagnosis but so glad you have found us.

This site is full of wonderful information, caring and warm people and tons of support and hope! Please read through the different forums and see the stories from people who have been down this road before.

We are always here for you so please feel free to ask any and all questions and know that there is always someone here who can and will be able to offer you advice and answers. And please know that what you are feeling right now is NORMAL.. we've all been there and we understand. It will get easier to deal with once the treatments have been set up and begun.

Sending many hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Warmly

Christine

Hi L. So sorry to hear about your dad and your need to be here. Hopefully you will find comfort and hope in being here with a bunch of very supportive people and good information. The first part is so hard and sorry but the loony bin doesn't ever seem to disappear...it will just lessen. Please keep us posted on your dad. Best wishes

Sandra