O Patti B

SandraL

Good afternoon everyone. I am sure I am not the only one here who has noticed that our good friend Patti has not been posting that much lately. Of course we are all entitled to our down times and taking a break. But I have been thinking of her and wrote this message. It is sung to the tune of "O Christmas Tree". Don't worry I will keep my day job.

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Your posts here we are missing;

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Your posts here we are missing;

We think of you when you’re not here,

Would love to see your smile appear.

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Your posts here we are missing!

O Patti B! O Patti B!

So much support you’ve given here;

O Patti B! O Patti B!

We’re wondering how you’re doing;

How often has your spirit here

Boosted us up when we did fear!

O Patti B! O Patti B!

We hope you are not gloomin’!.

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Your strength can shine so brightly!

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Your humor is delightly!

From day to day, so full of joy,

You’re always up to some fun ploy.

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Your driving skills are frightly!

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Please report on howeth thee!

O Patti B! O Pati B!

We’ll raise you up if needeth be!

You are our true and faithful friend,

And our support we’d like to lend.

O Patti B! O Patti B!

Much Christmas joy we send thee!

I don't post often but do read pretty much daily. Sandra, thank you so much for composing this -- what a wonderful way to pay tribute to Patti and to wish her well. Patti has certainly been in my thoughts and I'm sending many positive wishes her way. I'm also sending many positive wishes your way for being so thoughtful and caring.

Sandra, that's wonderful! :wink::wink: Patti will LOVE IT!

I have heard from Patti and she hasn't been doing well with the hip pain. She's also bummed out with the meds she is on. She REALLY REALLY NEEDS OUR LOVE & SUPPORT! ((((((((((((((PATTI)))))))))))))))

She's been busy with Nick and chemo, etc., etc., Plus a snow storm is moving in her direction.

Sending Tons of LOVE & SUPPORT your way Patti. I can't hold a CANDLE to what our Sandra composed! :wink: She's GOOD! :D

Hope your feeling better each and every day Patti.

Hi everyone-

First of all - a HUGE thanks to Sandra for the song - I think she should try out for the next season of Idol!!!!

I know I have not been on much lately but you all know that I love each and every one of you and have been thinking of you. I just have felt that I did not have a lot to contribute lately except for my whining and complaining about how I feel. And I truly hate to be a whiner especially when so many others have more to whine about than me.

The radiation to my hip really put me down for the count for several weeks and it continues to bother me some days much more than others. Apparently, this may be as good as its going to get so I guess I just need to learn to live with it. I am using a fentanyl patch and trying very hard to get off the percocets and/or vicodins because I just don't want to spend any more time sleeping in bed.

I have also been suffering from some rather bad depression issues. I have talked with my doctor who feels it is from the decadron and I am in the process of tapering off of it now before they try me on any anti-depressants. Anti-depressants in the past have not worked well with me so I am hoping that the decadron is the culprit.

And I guess a lot of it has to do with the holidays. I absolutely love Christmas and all the decorating and everything that comes along with this holiday. But it also scares me in some ways - I was told I would only have one Christmas left, I am on number three, and I worry if I will see number 4. I know I should just sit back and enjoy this one as much as I can, but I look at my tree (which came out PERFECT this year) and begin to worry if I will see it again next year. And then of course the survivior guilt kicks in on me as to how many of our friends here did not make it to three Christmases and that makes me depressed again - so as you can all see - I am pretty screwed up right now!! But I am determined to feel better and change my mood before Christmas gets here which doesn't really leave me much time.

So thanks again Sandra for the song (I printed in out and put it on my refrigerator) and thanks to all who have PM'd me and emailed me and called me. Its great to feel the love!!! I know it will take me forever to get caught up on posts but I will be trying hard to do that if I have time between Nicks swim meets, finishing my Christmas shopping, etc. I think of all of you every day and hope for all of you a wonderful, blessed Christmas filled with love and family and friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE - I LOVE YOU ALL

Hugs - Patti B.

Ohhhh Sandra, I love that song for "our" Patti B. She is so deserving of that song and so much more.

(((Patti))),

I so wish that you felt better and I hate it that you are in pain, but please don't stay away because you are having a rough time. You have given so much of yourself to so many others here and we want to be here for you too. You have to get it in your head that it's not only ok , but it's perfectly normal to have fears and to at times feel depressed... Patti, cancer is no picnic , but if anyone deserves an award for making the best of it, you sure do. You also have to realize you are human and when humans hurt physically and emotionally it helps to vent. I can't think of a better place to vent than right here where people understand and where you are so loved. Take care Patti and please , please come when you can. Your voice has been missed.

Love,

Sue

Sandra, I was traveling Thursday and missed your song. Fabulous as usual. One of us should start a collection of them. Me, maybe after the holiday.

Patti, you know I miss you. I usually ask Bruce if he's heard since he's often in contact with you. We miss you and love you and I agree with Sue, come vent any time. Your voice whining or not is always welcome.

Judy in Key Wes