File under if its not one thing its another. . .

fillise

I'm headed to NC tomorrow to be with my father as he undergoes spinal surgery on Wednesday morning. I'm pretty sure I'd given him strict orders to behave himself with mom sick, but he doesn't listen well and has now gone and gotten himself injured. At least I will be able to go to the Dr. with mom when she has her chemo next Monday.

I feel like I've officially crossed the threshold for when the child becomes the parent.

Susan

Thanks everyone! Dad's surgery went well and he is now home from the hospital. I slept on the sofa last night to be nearby in case he needed anything, but he was fine.

Mom is doing well, but definately not looking forward to her chemo on Tuesday. I will be able to see the Dr. with her and then will leave for the aiport after they get her hooked up for the afternoon.

Susan

Sorry I missed the earlier post. I'm so glad your Dad's surgery went well. At least Mom gets the treat of having you there with her for this chemo. Take care of yourself when you get home, o.k. You do a great job taking care of business but you must get tired.

Judy in Key West

Thank everyone. I'm home now. My trip back was delayed a day because I caught the "Carolina Crud." Mom did well with her chemo. There is one more after this and then we hope she gets a break. Dad continues to do well. I'm exhausted. I got into Atlanta last night just as the worst of the storms hit. It took me 3 1/2 hours to make a trip that should be 90 minutes. I went through 1 tornado warning and 3 severe thunderstorms and more time off the road than on it.

And yet--it the midst of the worst of the storms, I felt more contented than I ever have in my life. Dad got through his surgery, Mom is doing well and as the storm raged outside my car, all I could feel was warm and safe and content.

Susan

Susan,

That's what happens, isn't it, when you or someone you love is struck with this dread disease. All h$ll can be breaking loose around you but if everyone is doing well and feeling well, that's all that matters. Everything else is "small stuff" we don't sweat anymore.

Rest up. You deserve it.

Judy in Key West

Susan, your post made me smile. The thought of you driving through all that chaos and feeling nothing but the warmth of knowing both of your parents are doing well warmed my heart. And you helped them through it. Rest up now and I hope you keep that contented feeling for a long time.

Sandra

((((Susan))))

What a great kid you are to your parents. I picture you at the side of the road just smiling because your parents were OK. They sure are lucky to have you.

Hope both mom and dad continue to do well and hope you get to rest now for a bit. I think you earned it!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.