Idol....

Ann

they are both good singers - but Adam is a GREAT singer and an entertainer and a talented musician who blew us away week after week - so no. America picked what they perceived as the "good boy".

Both guys were incredibly gracious and humble and I loved what Adam said afterward about how different they were but they became friends and they hope people will see that and stop being afraid of differences.

I thought they could have done without the goofy awards segments and just focused on singing.

I feel Adam should have won hands down.

It seems anytime that Simon opens his mouth about who is going to win, he puts his foot into it. Maybe Kris got the sympathy vote just like when Simon did not support David Cook last year.

But Kris is certainly a nice enough guy, boy next store type. Adam on the other hand has been in the limelight even before Idol. He has nothing to worry about he will go a long way with a very profitable career.

You just never know the outcome. That's what is so surprising about these shows.

I thought the show as a whole was done really well and I agree that they could have done without those stupid awards. I have a feeling that will be the last time for that.

I was also shocked by Kris's comment about Adam should have won. Boy he must have been blown away!

Maryanne :wink:

Well, looks like I'm in the minority so far, as I was really cheering Kris on. Adam is very talented and has a great career ahead of him but there was just something about Kris that I really liked. Maybe it was that "southern" connection, as I'm from Tennessee/Florida and he's from Arkansas. I was a Gokey fan until he was out and then, my votes went to Kris. I have always liked Adam and have always thought he is extremely talented but I just thought he became too sure of his win and it seemed his attitude changed a bit. I'm sure losing was as big a shock to Adam as winning was for Kris.

I too hated the silly awards last night. Hopefully those will go away by next season. The only thing I enjoyed about the awards was seeing Norman Gentle once again.

I absolutely loved all of the entertainment during the show! Wow...seeing Rod Stewart singing Maggie Mae really took me back to some really happy times in my life. I also loved Allison's duet with Cindi Lauper and I really loved Gokey and Lionel Ritchie!!! What a great entertainment lineup they had.

My heart also went out to David Cook (my favorite Idol ever) when he was singing. I know how he loved his brother that he recently lost to cancer and how hard it must have been for him to sing that song.

I used to follow idol religiously and quit cause it lacked in its appeal.. I caught a Clip about aweek ago of the two of them and Knew Chris (Kriss) whichever) would win. Adam is too Goth Emo metrosexual, something looking i dress and appearance. Kriss is the Boy next door all American Kid. Gosh what Do Ya think??? Katie was right its marketability. Notice they never even tell ya a persentage of votes for the winner!! and the number always goes up. Wow Over a 100 Million vootes this year Who would a thought that many !!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock::wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:roll::roll::oops::o:idea:

I'm tickled to death that Kris won, I love his humility. Adam is a really great singer and has the best voice control I've ever seen on that show, however I think that the fact that every song he does sounds like a carbon copy of the one before because he always feels he need to show his ability in the high registers probably sunk him. I couldn't be the only one who was getting tired of the screaming in every song. I also believe that his career will take advantage of that screamability that he possesses and that in ten or fifteen years, provided he lasts that long, he won't be able to do it anymore. That is so hard on the vocal chords. Kris I feel like probably won't have as big of career as Adam but I think it will be a more honest realistic career.

I am an Adam fan. Ring of Fire didn't do it for me, but I loved all his other songs. I find his voice unique and memorable. Kris is darling, no doubt, but I don't think his voice is memorable.

Also, I was at dinner last night with neighbors and one of the men called Adam some pretty rough things having nothing to do with his singing ability. It really upset me but I also believe that many with the same attitudes may have voted for Kris in protest.

I too believe that Adam was the bigger talent. That being said, Kris was more appealing to me...as he obviously was with the American public. And it is based on a vote so...the people spoke. Regardless, Adam has a hugely successful career ahead of him so they are both winners. And he was so gracious in defeat, a really respectable guy.

I truly believe Adam has the better voice of the two and should have won, but I am happy for Kris. I really enjoyed this season of Idol more than any in the past. The final performance show was truly awesome , minus the silly awards. It did my heart good to see the way Adam and Kris had bonded as performers and friends . Saw the group on Larry King the other night and I was totally struck with the way that Adam and Kris stood out. Both of them appear to be truly nice people and I feel sure they both have a promising music career.

Sue