Remembering my Dad, today on his Birthday...

Caren

Happy Birthday, Dad! xoxo

Dad was so close to his 'goal' of reaching 70 but never quite made it :(

He was due to see the Oncologist today and when he got the appointment I doubted that he would make it to this day. I wish he had. I love and miss him so much.

Caren, just another one of those days to "get through." Wish for you that your Dad had made his seventieth. I know how much you miss him. Sorry your puppy is sick but here's hoping the shifted focus will make your day go easier.

Judy in Key West

Birthdays are hard enough, but I could see how this one would be even more difficult. My sister told me early on - I don't want to die in my 60s. So I told her - well then let's get you to 70. But I so worry about that date too.

I hope you find comfort in the love and memories that stay with us long after we lose someone. But I know on days like this, when your emotions are so very raw, it can be very hard to find that comfort. I used to just aim to get through those days (sometimes by just staying in bed).

So here's to tomorrow, may it be a wee bit easier, since that is the way it works, baby steps towards feeling whole again.