Navalbine-pain reaction

SandraL

Hi there. I should have posted this sooner. At the end of my last navalbine injection, this past Monday, I experienced a major pain episode, all down my right leg. That is the leg that has the dropped foot. They gave me some speedy pain medication under my tongue and it subsided. I do know that chemo drugs can definitely affect your nerves.

My left leg has not been the same since and is giving me pain and major trouble with sleeping. I have another injection scheduled for Monday but am going to cancel it in fear that I will do more damage to my left leg. I will discuss with my med onc as well.

Has anyone else experienced such a pain episode during a navalbine injection?

Sandra-

As you know, I was on Navelbine for quite a while. I never experienced that and I had heard that sometimes you get a BAD pain in the arm in which the push is given. Never had that either.

The only thing I can suggest is that since Navelbine is a SEVERE vessicant and can cause severe irritation, that maybe its affecting the nerves in your leg, especially the one that has already had some problems. BUT - I would contact the doc first thing Monday since that is the leg you had the drop-foot with.

Will be thinking of you, g/f. Let us know as soon as you find out anything.

Hugs - Patti B.

Sandra, I'm so sorry you have to deal with pain again. Here's hoping the doctors are compasionate and do something about it without doing more damage. I don't remember, did you have the dropped foot before dx or was it the outcome of treatment? I'm hoping for relief for you soon.

Judy in Key West