Monday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I need to get an attitude adjustment. I got up this morning feeling wow, I slept for almost ten hours again. I needed that. Things went to hell in a handbasket when I realized my husband had hardly slept at all. Top it off he said they were going fishing in the afternoon because he had to crawl around under the house and check out the AC vents. Now if you didn't sleep all night and crawled around under your house in the morning, what are the odds you'd make it fishing in the afternoon? I'm feeling badly for this kid. I thought my husband was ready this time but it was three days before they went fishing. Now this is the sixth day and they've been fishing once. Anyway, I opened my big mouth and Stan changed his mind. He loaded the ice and everything in the boat and the engine wouldn't start. Oh geez. We've spent a fortune on these toys in the past six months. Ann, are you reading all this? Did your streak end because you passed it on to me LOL????

Alls well that ends well. My husband called the boat mechanic who couldn't come until tomorrow so Stan went out and checked the engine again and it started. Then he called Lazy Days and made an appointment to get the window of the coach fixed on Friday. He'll drive Dominick up to meet his mother in Homestead on Thursday, then go over to the West Coast where Lazy Days is. Wendy wants to take Dom to the Sawgrass Mall on the way home to do school shopping. Best news is I get to stay home and continue to get things together here so I can make this next trip. Everyone seems happy FOR NOW.

Welcome back Mike and congratulations on that new computer. My computers have been giving me a fit so I may be in your shoes soon. I hope everyone including me has a very good day.

Judy in Key West

Good morning, Gang!!! OMG...it's hot here this morning. When I opened the front door to go out to my car, the heat just pushed me backwards. Yesterday was actually a rain free day but it was just too hot to do anything outside.

Judy, don't think for a minute that my bad luck thingie has headed for the Keys. Don't know if I told you guys that now I need a new set of tires for the Explorer. Anyone got any coupons...lol? Glad the boat is fixed so the guys can get some fishing time in. I love fishing in the Keys. Dennis and I used to trailer the boat to Islamorada, put the boat in the water and go to the Keys.

So, I hope everyone had a good Monday. I was going to say "great" but, considering it's Monday, "good" is about as much enthusiasm as I can get.

Stay safe in your little corner of the world.....

Ann

On top of it all, I have a terrible (sinus I think) headache. I needed something good to happen. My internet (hard wired) on my desktop hasn't been working for a couple of days. It means Dom and I have to share the internet on my laptop which is o.k., but it's my mobile and I'm afraid we're going to exceed my covered ($$$$$) minutes. I finally got into it with great difficulty this morning but finally whalla! it works. I'm so happy and I said the heck with the bp, I took two sinutabs and two Tylenol for the headache. I'm going to have a good day if it kills me LOL.

Ann, I've been putting this off for fear of disappointing myself but I have to ask--how far are you, either where you live or at work from I95? I think my husband will do pretty much anything to make me happy about this Sept trip. I will be at MDACC Mon and Tues, Aug 24 and 25. I should be done by two or so. I don't know how long it will take us to get back to the KOA and over to where you are but it should be too long. Maybe we could meet you and your husband for dinner somewhere convenient to the interstate. We'd have to meet somewhere where there is a big parking lot to accommodate our 60-odd feet of length. If there isn't anywhere to eat that meets the bill, you could pick us/me up at the coach. I know it sounds very complicated but meeting up with LCSC friends often required some effort but is well worth it. What do you think, huh? Could we pull it off?

Judy in Key West

Oh yes, Judy...we could definitely pull this off!!! My house is literally 5 minutes from I-95. If we're meeting after your appointment, you guys could take 520 or 528 to get back over to I-95. That would only be about a 20 minute drive north for us to meet up with you. Or if you want to come up I-95 before Orlando, we could do that too. I would even say we could meet halfway but there's nothing (and I do mean nothing) between Orlando and I-95. Of course, if we drove over Orlando way, we could meet up witn Muriel and her hubby.

So, if you're making the trip, let's put on our thinking caps.

Ann, I'm so excited that you think this is doable. Although it would be great to do a six-some, we could do that another time. I think my husband would be happier continuing on the trip so we'll head to the coast when my appointment is over. I do know there is NOTHING between Orlando and you. I've made the trip and studied the map trying to wish something there LOL. OMG, I can't believe we may actually finally meet. Haven't told Stan yet but that's only because he's been glued to the news since he came home from fishing. I'm sure he'll be onboard. He knows I've been having a hard time lately.

Dang, I'm looking forward to the trip to NJ already.

Judy in Key West

Anne Judy and Michell,I hope you can get things worked out for a meeting. That would be neat. I have been taking Lexapro again because I could feel the depression returning. It works well for depression and anxiety but I hate some of the side effects. Even tho I know I am one of the very fortunate ones with lc I have bouts of depression that I cant seem to shake without medication. I need to get back into exercizing more also.Hulk Hogan was on tv last nght and I asked my wife if she could believe him and me were about the same age,We both got a laugh out of that.

It's raining. Happy day.

Cancer Grace Event was very nice. I didn't "win" anything in the silent auction, but did see we are having a Breathe 5K run / 1 mile walk in November (can't find it on the net) very close to home. I hope to get a gang together to participate in that!

Pizza at the new restaurant Saturday night was very good. Great crust, wood fired oven, very light topping - excellent flavor. Service can use a little tuning.

Muppet exhibit was about 100 pieces - some puppets. lots of drawings, a little tv. Did you know Kermit started in 1955? Older than me, LOL.