Dad's Surgery Day

kelli521

My Dad had surgery today to remove the small metastese in his brain. Surgery was successful and the doctor is confident they got all the tissue. Dad will spend tonight in the ICU for closer observation then transfer to regular room tomorrow. They expect he will be in the hospital 3-4 days. He is alert and only complains of a slight headache. I am so thankful I was able to sit at the hospital with my mom all day today. I will return to NC on Monday. Hopefully by then my sister will be better and able to be with mom. She and my nephew have H1N1 so are staying far away for now.

Kelli-

So happy that things went well today. You need to go and get some sleep now as I am sure it was quite a stressful day.

Your sister and nephew have H1N1??? Wow - you guys really have your plates full right now.

Please keep us updated on all of their progress.

Hugs - Patti B.

That is great news on your Dad's surgery Kelli. I am sure your Mom and Dad appreciated you being there.

I agree with Patti that your family has alot on their plate but sounds like it is going OK.

Kelli thanks for the update. I was wondering how things went. So glad everything seems to be fine and thrilled you were there for him and your mom.

Sorry about you sis and your nephew with the HINI flu. Hopefully they got a mild case and it will be gone soon.

take care and have a safe trip home. Keep us posted on his recouperation.

Maryanne :wink:

Dad came home after surgery on Saturday. He has no complaints from the brain surgery which is great. I returned to NC today. Dad had a port placed this morning and then met with his chemo Dr this afternoon. He will start Alimta on Friday. They will not give him cisplatin with it because of his MS. After his head completely heals from surgery he will have gamma knife radation to that area.

Still praying...it's hard being so far away.

Kelli, looks like my post yesterday didn't "take," so let me say again that I'm glad the surgery went well for your Dad. I hope your sister and nephew are better soon and able to help your mom. I understand how difficult it must be for you to watch things unfold from a distance. Once the routine of the chemo sets in, things should be less stressful.

Judy in Key West