Mom's 3rd ALIMTA treatment

fillise

Mom had her third ALIMTA infusion last week. Her oncologist cut her back to 50% of the original dosage and so far so good. She has excperienced SOB and fatigue, but so far not the severe nausea and diarrhea that she experienced with the first two infusions. If she stays on course she will get one more infusion in two weeks and then a scan to see how she is responding.

One of my cousins went to stay with mom and dad last week, which was a big relief as I had to travel on business all week.

Susan

Susan, so glad the adjustment in dosage increased Mom's tolerance. Like Ned said, you never know what's going to occur next with Alimta but it's still better tolerated than most. We'll be waiting for the outcome of the scan. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Judy in Key West

Sounds like the weaker dosage may be working for her. Keep an eye on that shortness of breath and fatigue though. Those are two sides that go with that chemo, but it can become severe with permanent damage. It happened to my husband. He ended up with severe pneumonitis and had to go on oxygen , which he stayed on permanently. Many have had positive results from it and, I assume, regained their original breathing capacity. My best to your mom. Keeping her in my prayers.

Hugs,

Sue

Susan-

Glad that cutting the dosage is working better for her. You just never know how these damn drugs are going to affect people. I have been lucky - Alimta never really caused me much problem - but then maybe I am just too stupid to know when I feel bad LOL!!!!

Good luck to mom - send her my hugs!!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Susan,

It's good that they have lowered the dosage and that it seems to be tolerated better. Bill was on Alimta for almost a year, and it was one of the better ones for holding things steady for him. He did well on it, and I hope the same for your Mom.

Barbara