Hi everybody

cafe99

Hello all,

I've been peeking around here for the last few days and I think this is a great site. You know, everybody knows somebody with cancer... but you never realize how little you know until it hits close to home. My brother-in-law was diagnosed 10/2/09 with NSCLC. I've been all over the internet trying to find information, & there's just so much stuff & yet not enough stuff at the same time. I live in NJ & my sister & her family live in Florida, so that complicates everything also. I may not post much, (then again, I might! this is my first forum) but I like feeling connected to people in similar situations. I think sharing helps lighten the load a little. God bless you all.

cafe

Cafe,

Welcome to the LCSC! This is a great place for information. I'm sorry about your BIL's Dx. If you can tell is a little about the type and stage of the cancer and the treatment they are recommending, there are lots of folks here who can and will share their experiences and answer questions.

There is also a great resource called GRACE www.cancergrace.org. GRACE is a physician mediated site that provides information on treatments, research and other information related to LC. Registration is free and the docs over there are super about answering questions in a timely manner.

Susan

Cafe,

Welcome to the LCSC! This is a great place for information. I'm sorry about your BIL's Dx. If you can tell is a little about the type and stage of the cancer and the treatment they are recommending, there are lots of folks here who can and will share their experiences and answer questions.

There is also a great resource called GRACE www.cancergrace.org. GRACE is a physician mediated site that provides information on treatments, research and other information related to LC. Registration is free and the docs over there are super about answering questions in a timely manner.

Susan

• 2 months later...

Cafe, Welcome. Sorry to hear about your BIL. I could not imagine how tough it is to be seperated so far apart and feel like there is not much you can do. But you are reading about it and educating yourself that alone is a great blessing to them when they feel they need help you will have resources, answers, or maybe just understanding.

Please do post. We are a very active board lots of senior memebers and new members. This too was my first forum now I am a part of 3 different ones :shock: Hard to handle all of those and my FB and myspace but its fun!

Take care,

Heidi

Hi, Cafe. I second Susan's suggestion to visit cancergrace.org (GRACE — Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). GRACE is led by Dr. Howard "Jack" West, a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions online. A lot of us are "dual citizens" and have the same usernames there as here. Aloha,

Ned