In memory of Jack Humphries

beachnut

Friday, November 13 was the second anniversary of the passing of my dear husband, Jack Humphries. Some of you may remember our journey on this board. My heart still aches with missing him each and every day. I strive to make him proud of me and celebrate our love and the life that we shared together for sixteen beautiful (although, not perfect at all times) years. He helped me become a stronger and a better person. Heaven truly has a treasure in Jack. I know that one day we will be together again. If I could share with others it would be to love your loved ones with all your heart. Treasure each and every minute and don't let the petty things get in the way of enjoying each other. God bless you, Jack! I hope heaven knows what a treasure it has in you! Continue to watch over me each and every day until we are together again! Your love made me the richest woman on earth!!

Hi Shirley! I remember you and the journey you and your husband had quite vividly. When you said how long it has been, my first reaction was ~ no way it's been that long. I'm sure to you it does seem that long or longer some days, and on other days ~ not that long at all. I will heed your advice and love my Fred the best I can. Cancer has already taught us that lesson, but it is good to be reminded. I am glad you checked in. Hope you are as good as can be expected ~ maybe better on some days than others. Kudos to you for surviving aong with Jack and now without him. We are all survivors here.

Kasey

sounds like a long talk under the stars tonite!! I am sorry for your loss but it is good to hear from you! I know how hard anniversary's are on us..

Heaven has many treasures gathered from all of us here. Sometimes when I see how brightly the stars shine I wonder how many are filled with the spirits of our loved ones who have been called away.

I understand the aniversary thing. Just too bad when the come so close to the holidays. We always miss them more this time of year without having to face the aniversary of their last days.