sending out my prayers and thanks

MJ

hello everyone,

i'm writing for the first time on the board, although i've been reading all of your messages for the past few weeks. my mother is currently having chemo treatments (carbo-taxol). she was diagnosed with extensive-stage nsclc late in september. she will be getting a ct scan soon to see how the chemo has been working.

i thank you all for all of your stories of encouragement and support. it has taken me a while to write 'cause i didn't really know what to say. i just wanted to let you know that i have been praying for your well being along with your families' and friends'. this has got to be one of the most difficult things i could have ever imagine going through, and reading all of your posts have brought me an indescribable comfort. i pray that 2004 is a year of healing and wonderful times for all of us.

-mj-

Hello MJ;

So very glad you joined us and decided to get to know us!!; Also, sorry about your mom, She will be in my prayers,

please let us know how the scans come out,

again, welcome and glad your here! :)

God bless

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Welcome MJ

I am so sorry your mother, you and your family are going through this. I will be praying that this treatment she is on works for her, and her CT next CT scans show regression.

I am glad that you found us, and that you were able to find comfort in this message board. I remember how hard it was when Keith was first diagnosed. It was like spinning in circles, all dizzy and confused mixed in with pain and devastation. It IS the hardest thing I can think that a person can go through, and I don't think anyone should have to do it alone. We are here for you, if you ever need someone to vent to, no judgement, if you ever have questions we are here. If you have good news, or just need to feel a part of something larger than what is going on with your world of LC. Part of the pain I feel is the feeling of helplessness that comes with LC. I get some comfort knowing that although I can not control the LC, there is something I can do to take an active part in it. With knowledge, I can proactively direct treatment. With sharing on this site, I can help others.

I want to welcome you, and let you know that I am here for you; we are here for you. You are now a member of a loving family that truly cares for one another. It is amazing that although we haven't met, we can care for one another often time more than for people we've known for years.

Welcome to our family.

Carleen