Wednesday's Air

Bud Baker

It was a tad nipply outside for my ride to work this morning, 41 degrees with a north wind. But it's this week's version of Friday, so I had a smile on my face anyway.

I didn't bring my lunch today, since everyone in the maintenance department is having tacos together for lunch. I did haul in some cookies as my contribution for the meal, though.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Good Morning All! Bud, it was great to come in and find you'd started the Air today. But tell me, how nippy does it have to get before it's too nippy to bike to work lol? Tacos sound like a good prelude to turkey tomorrow. I might consider Taco Bell take out for my daughter and grandson and I tonight after our T-day preparations today. Depends on where it falls on the Weight Watchers point scale.

Ann, hope you are getting some of this rain. It's been raining since I got up about an hour ago with no signs of letting up. And I woke up thinking I still haven't checked the oil in my car. Not a fun job in a steady rain.

It's off to Wendy's this morning. She wants to make my stuffing with me there supervising. It's a simple old recipe from my childhood and Betty Crocker so that will be a breeze. Mostly breaking bread and chopping. I bought her an inexpensive mini chopper at Walmart for the onions and celery. Then what? We have to cook the sweet potatoes for my candied sp recipe. We'll candy them tomorrow. I like cranberry sauce straight from the can so no prep there. Wendy's planning on make some kind of whole cranberry thing. I know her plans are well intended but....I slipped a can of sauce in the fridge as a backup. We are keeping the menu simple. It will be just the three of us.

I'm happy my daughter likes tradition and wants to copy Mom's. I've been going to Outback fto take-out my grandson's favorite mac and cheese for Christmas dinner for as long as he can remember. So now, it's off to Outback to get mac and cheese for him for Thanksgiving. That's silly but sweet.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Although this is a really tough time of the year for me, I have so much to be thankful for and all of my friends here at this MB rank high on that list. I woke up this morning and convinced myself that I need to pull myself out of this depression, that happens each year at this time. I have a wonderful family and great friends. I have a roof over my head and I have food in my pantry. I am healthy and for now, I have a job. Although I have been feeling completely lost, alone and helpless for the past few days, I know that I have so much to be thankful for.

And...thanks to all of you for those rain dances that you did after my post yesterday. It worked!!! It's pouring the rain outside right now!!! And, yes, I saw all of you dancing for me....don't deny it...lol!

I'm glad that today is my Friday. You have no idea how I look forward to four days of time to get things done around the house. I'm not a Black Friday shopper, so while all those people are out standing in line and fighting the crowds, I'll be still snoozing.

I would like to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope we can all remember how blessed we are to have such great friends that truly understand what it's like to deal with the "c" word.

Ann

Good morning everyone! Not sure about what the weather will be like here today because yet again I'm up while it's still dark outside, but if it's anything like yesterday it should be clear and just a bit nippy.

Yesterday was a good day for me. As many of you know I've been having a hard time emotionally. Seems like just after my husband passed things started breaking down around the house. It was especially upsetting to me when my car wouldn't start the other day. I looked under the hood and there was a huge build up of "stuff" all over the battery. I was just thinking that I would call the auto club and tow the darn thing into the dealer and get charged a fortune. But a friend of mine who's husband loves to work on cars came flying over here yesterday and fixed everything for me. He even checked all the fluids etc. These are things my husband always took care of and now I'm faced with the reality he can't take care of those things for me now.

But anyway while my friends were here I ordered some food delivered and we eat the food popped open a few cans of beer and they put some music on that we all used to listen to as teenagers. It was fun talking out what our lives were like during that era and laughing. I couldn't believe it because we all actually stood up and started dancing to the music! I realized when I lay my head on the pillow last night that this had been the first time in a year that I actually "Laughed". I think it was good for me and I know my husband would be happy too.

This certainly doesn't mean I won't continue to have bad days, but last night was a good one. PLUS....my car runs now!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. My thoughts and prayers will be with each and everyone of you.

I just want to stop in long enough to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. As you all know like it is for Ann this is a hard time for me.

Last night I gave myself a good talking to. I have let myself get down too much lately. Part of it is the time of year but there are other things too. I tend to give too much of myself away. It is time that I start saving some for myself. It took me a long time and a lot of love from Johnny to realize that I am worth the effort it takes to make myself happy.

Michelle having a good day is a great thing. Yes you will continue to grieve but life is about living and laughing and love. The love you have for Don and his for you will not die. Live your life to the fullest, it is the greatest form of love and respect you can show for Donald.

Judy traditions are important especially where a child is concerned. Mac and cheese makes your grandson happy so that is a great Thanksgiving meal for him.

I will be leaving in a few hours to go down to my sister in laws. I will spend a couple of days there then back her to do my packing and finish up for my trip. I may get a chence to check in here but if not I hope you all have a very Happy. peaceful and healthy Thanksgiving. I should be back late Friday or early Saturday.

"jaminkw"]But tell me, how nippy does it have to get before it's too nippy to bike to work lol?

Actually, I described this morning as "nipply". That's colder than "nippy". :lol:

But as to how cold is has to be for me not to ride, I'm still asking myself that. Today was close to my limit. I have Raynaud's Syndrome, so keeping my fingers and toes warm on a cold day is tough.

It sounds like everyone's Thanksgiving plans are coming together. Rose is leaving for our daughter's house now, to help out. She is there for instruction only, the daughters are insistent on doing all the work. It will be the first year that Rose hasn't done most of the cooking. It will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

Actually, I described this morning as "nipply". That's colder than "nippy".

I for one do get the distinction, Bud. During one of my first Air Force assignments I rode a motorcycle from our house in Enid, OK, to the base 5 miles out of town, even on most winter days, sometimes into a 40-knot headwind, and it got very nipply indeed!

Michelle, good for your neighbor. Maybe that battery will hang in there a while longer.

Judy, I'm addicted to Taco Bell's taco salad, the fiesta model, with salsa that I can dip all of the excess shell into. Yum!

Lillian and Ann, and anybody else who writes in today, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Aloha,

Ned