Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Beautiful sunny day in KW again. Ann, we're not getting any of your weather yet. Certainly, I don't think it will be very cool today. My desktop weather says 77, but my outside thermometer reads 79 already and it's only 9am.

As good as I've been feeling lately, that's how lousy I feel this morning. I kinda knew it was coming on. I started feeling stuffy yesterday and my sister asked what that cough was about she kept hearing on the phone. I woke up this morning with either a cold or that full blown sinus/allergy thing I get. Never can tell the difference. I want to keep slowing down but I want to finish the tree and decorating in the next couple of days. I have some other "sitting work" I can do so I'll start there.

By the way, Thursday is my weigh-in on my online weight-watchers program. Two pounds in three weeks. Not bad considering I'd been cutting back for a couple of weeks before I started and am actually down 3 or 4 pounds depending on which scale I pay attention to lol.

Hope you all feel well and have a great day.

Judy in Key West

Judy, congrats on losing the weight. I'm not supposed to say I've been "dieting" as I have been told that the new term is "changing my lifestyle.' But, whatever the term, I have lost 23 pounds and I feel so much better. It was easier that I thought it was going to be and I found the most important part was getting my mindset right. Just keep it up and the pounds will start rolling off.

I haven't had my AC on in almost two weeks but last night, around 10:00, I had to turn it on. At that time the weather said the humidity was 97% and it was almost 82 degrees. Finally, during the night, we got some rain and this morning the humidity is much lower. Today is supposed to be a fairly nice day bit there is another front rolling in (probably the one Katie got yesterday) and the high here for tomorrow is supposed to be 64. What a change!!!

Has anyone been doing any holiday baking? I mad cookies on Saturday night and on Tuesday evening, I tried this wonderful little recipe that I want to share with all of you, in case you've never tried it. They're so easy and I love the salty/sweet taste. Here goes....

You will need a bag of the small pretzels, a bag of Rolo candy and pecan halves. Lay the pretzels out on a baking sheet. Put one Rolo candy in the middle of each pretzel. Put into a 250 degree oven for about 4 minutes, until the candy is soft. Remove from the oven and put one pecan half on top of each soft candy, pressing down gently to flatten. Put in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to cool and then you can leave out at room temperature. But....don't expect them to be sitting around for too long, as they are wonderful!!!

My friend told me that some people use Hershey's kisses, in various varieties, in place of the Rolo candies. Then, you put an M&M on top of the kisses. The Rolo candies have caramel, which make these taste a lot like turtles.

Oh well, hope I didn't bore anyone!!!!

Ann

Good morning, everyone!

Sorry you're not feeling well, Judy. I had the allergy/cold thing myself a couple of weeks ago.

Those treats sound way too good, Ann. I'd be eating 20 or 30 if they were laying around here, and I'm 10-15 pounds over what I should weigh already, so I'd better not be making any of them...LOL.

It was 32 degrees with a stiff north wind here this morning and, just like I had good sense, I rode my bike to work. It's an hour ride, so I was definitely feeling the chill by the time I got to work. But I hadn't ridden since Monday, and they're calling for snow flurries tomorrow, so I figured today was the day.

Have a great day, all!

Ann, I don't even bake anymore and I wasn't bored! Sounds delicious. I was just thinking the other day of my younger years. In imitation of one of my Mother-Aunts, I would always bake a minimum of six different varieties of cookies. Then I would serve them on a three-tiered decorative serving dish. It always had to include a couple of her Italian cookie recipes. She probably made a variety of a doz or more. As the kids left and I got caught up in working my counseling business and the paper end of my husband's business, cookies like the special Hallmark decorated packages went by the wayside.

Well that is all too sad but I still have my gorgeous tree. Going to her house at Christmas was like going to Macy's. She always had a minimum of three trees. And I still decorate although now it's pretty much confined to our open living area. I love Christmas!

Judy in Key West

Yes I did bake a few things. Some I gave to my neighbors and our service co ordinater. The rest to my family. I will take a few cookies on the train but not too many. I guess if this headcold wouldn't have stopped me I would have baked way too much.

I made Pralines

Chocolate fudge with walnuts

peanut butter fudge

ginger cookies and cream cheese spritz cookies

The spritz just kind of melt away in your mouth and I am a ginger cookie fanatic. That is why I hurried and gave most of them away.

"lilyjohn"]Yes I did bake a few things. Some I gave to my neighbors and our service co ordinater. The rest to my family. I will take a few cookies on the train but not too many. I guess if this headcold wouldn't have stopped me I would have baked way too much.

I made Pralines

Chocolate fudge with walnuts

peanut butter fudge

ginger cookies and cream cheese spritz cookies

The spritz just kind of melt away in your mouth and I am a ginger cookie fanatic. That is why I hurried and gave most of them away.

Lilly...wanna come live with me? :D Although for some reason sugar reacts on me like a sleeping pill. The doc says that's a "good thing". So, I figured it out...I can eat all I want just before bed time. It's works! Also works on making my butt bigger LOL :D