Something isn't right

MO_Sugar

I am starting to wonder if my Dr. told me my scans were better just to get me through the Holidays? For tha past few days I have felt worse than I have felt during this whole journey! I am constantly exhausted, weaker than normal, get short of breath MUCH quicker than normal, light headed, can't sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time (if I am lucky I get 3) and I "just don't feel right"!

I have a call in to my Dr. but of course he is on vacation this week so his nurse is to call me back. I can not IMAGINE that he would have done something like that cause he has always been so straight forward with me.

I do have a slight cold, runny nose and stuffy head so MAYBE the cold meds I am taking are causeing some of the probs? I have been drinking a ton of water but not eating much so maybe it is a combination of cold meds and not eating enough?

In any case I am ready to feel better now, lol.

God Bless you all,

MO

Mo

Sometimes good news leaves us expecting the next shoe to fall. In otherwords we are so used to hearing bad news it is hard to accept the good. That can cause stress and anxiety and many of the symptoms that you are experiencing. Still it is better to be safe than sorry. I doubt your doctor would tell that kind of lie but again I have little faith in doctors where lung cancer is concerned.

I will tell you too that I had the flu last month. It too caused many of the symptoms that you are having. Could be that or a combination of things. Think positive, don't borrow trouble and if you can't see your oncologist go to your regular MD and see what he can tell you..

It is possible too that the good news made you overdo a little on your special day not long ago. Keep that in mind as you search for answers. God Bless you. Stay positive and know that we are all here for you when you need us. Lillian

Thanks Lily. I just heard back from my Dr. (he happened to be in the office doing something) and he said he wants me to get a CBC done asap to see if my counts have dropped again. Ever since the radiation I have had a hard time getting my counts up so He thinks that MIGHT be causing some of it. Sure hope so although I just had 2 units of blood a short time ago. Maybe I really AM turning in to Vampira?????

Will let ya know what they find.

God Bless,

MO

Mo,

I was just thinking the same thing Lily said. I hope you have not picked up the flu. The boys had it here and they were complaining of the same things you are talking about. Lets just hope that is all it is. You are in my prayers.

Take care,

Much love,

Shirley

Well, my hemoglobin was 9.7 which is a little low but not enough to warrent a transfusion today. The Dr. thinks I may have just picked up a "bug" so he called in an RX for levaquin and wants me to take that for a week. Hope it knocks out whatever is getting me! I managed to eat a piece of fish for dinner and bought some Ensure so I will have one of those as a "snack" before bed, lol.

I know a good night sleep would do wonders, maybe I should add a shot of Southern Comfort to the Ensure???

God Bless,

MO

I'm not so sure about the Southern Comfort :), but maybe an over-the-counter Benadryl would help you sleep. It's really an antihistamine, but the major side effect is drowsiness, so it's given for sleep sometimes, too. Start with the lowest possible dose; 25 mg knocks me out. (I used to give 12.5 mg to my former cat before visits to the vet to calm him down, which is not to say that you are half as ornery as he was. :) ) Disclaimer: I know you'll check with your doc before taking any drugs I mention, since I'm not really involved in your treatment.

Other possible drugs (prescription meds. ) are Ambien and Trazodone, both good choices if you need them. As far as the viral thing, the darn flu or any viral illness can knock out an otherwise healthy person, so I've no doubt it could make you feel like something my Mookie (cat #2) dragged in.

I'm betting that it IS just a viral infection that will pass soon. Hope you feel 100% better very soon, Teresa

Mo:

Your symptoms sound the same as mine and I ended up with a sinus infection. Brain Scan and MRI were normal. My dizziness and staggering reacted positively to Dexamethasone, which they gave while in the hospital. When they started that, the doctor told me, that should I react positively to the Dex, than that rules out any intercranial process and verifies sinus problems. He was right.

Mo, sounds like the post PCI Scuzzies. I started feeling real tired and just plain old worn out and kinda funny feeling about a month after my PCI was over. I am still fighting to get my energy back. Some days I feel great and some I just feel wierd and bad at the same time. Karen says I have turned into a bear on my bad days and I guess I have. hang in there and let us know how you are doing. I alo got somekind of a bug they could not pinpoint.

David C

Shoog,

Sounds like a flu-ish nasty thing. My issue with the little bug I had was being too darn tired to fall asleep! I was dragging for DAYS.

According to something I read in a cancer magazine (maybe it was "Cure"), the fatigue of radiation can last up to six months...add a bug to that and..well, you'll feel lower than whale poop!

Warm yourself up - flannel jammies, socks; blow your nose real good, potty trip and some Sleepy Time tea....book on history to bore ya to sleep (as if your brain is functioning enough to get through a page!)...dark bedroom, maybe some white noise (a fan) or a relaxing CD playing softly and set to repeat....

Hope you're feeling better and back to "kicking" soon (My grampa's standard reponse when someone asked how he was...the secondary favorite was "Anyone I can and those I like twice"...)

Becky