Sunday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Looks to be another beautiful day in paradise but our winds are up again the past few days. Poor Stan can't catch a break to go fishing. He'd like me to go also and this would be a good time. I'm getting an extra week off chemo to accommodate my scans.

Our dinner party couldn't have gone better. It got a little hairy early on. The oven-fried chicken is a messy bugger to make and I didn't allow quite enough prep time. Our guests seemed too busy having drinks, chowing on salsa and humus and chatting to notice. Best thing aside from great company was that they really ate! I love that. Stan's fish was "baked on the grill" and terrific and the crock pot cobbler was a big success. That done. I don't have to prove I can cook again for a very long time. Stan can have his kitchen back lol.

Bruce, glad to see you back from your vacation--oops, that was work at that castle wasn't it lol. Really, it sounds like an awesome place. I did ask Stan about Canada. Seems they are not getting one furnace back on line yet. Businesses like that may be a little slow in Canada too.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Hi Judy,

Sorry for being late,where is everyone?(you dont think my contribution to the forum has scared everyone away,or bored them to death do you?)Woke up this morning to some rain,serves me right for mentioning yesterday I havent seen any for weeks,but as it turns out the remainder of the day has been dry cloudy but warm.I still feel I have entered the forum half way through a conversation sometimes,also being a bit behind in not having an American upbringing,however our TV programmes here are largely from America,so my upbringing includes-I Love Lucy,Peyton Place,Bilko,Dr Kildare,Maverick,Roy Rogers,Bonanza,Zorro,

Flash Gordon,High Chapperal,Rawhide,Mash,Wyatt Earp,Rockford Files,

Cannon,Wagon Train,Kojak and the Untouchables.Ok You buddies what have I missed?How did I get into this vein?ah yes Judy you are to blame,it was your statement "not getting the furnace back on line yet" what furnace? whose furnace"

Bye for now,

Eric.

Great to hear that your dinner went so well Judy. Good food will win over a crowd any time. if you keep doing so well maybe Stan won't let you out of the kitchen. LOL

Eric I don't think I was even born when most of those show's were on T.V. here in Canada. Maybe it was the Flintstones for me. LOL

Cloudy day here but no rain as of yet. different weather this winter for sure. We set a record on Monday with a temperature of +22 and then yesterday it was -1 and snowing !!! Eric is saying that it's a mausy (sp) day common in your area ? I know it is an old Newfoundland saying but it may have come from England.

Hi everyone,another windy day here in Nebraska.I lost 2 of my pigeon the last 2 days. I let them out to fly as normal and one of my favorites never returned and today when I went out to the loft his mate was dead. I think I got them to tame for their own good. They have lost their fear of people and dogs. A lot of people dont like pigeons and dogs and cats love a pigeon mcnugget. Eric dont take it personal how many people respond.Many are like me who are streak posters. I like your tv list but you left out the best one of all.(Gunsmoke.) I spent many a Saturday night drawing against Matt Dillon at the beginning of the show.

Hi Beatlemike,

What a co-incidence you mentioning lost pigeons,I was just listening to my local radio yesterday,some pigeon fanciers were being interviewed about missing birds from their lofts,apparently their owners were of the opinion that the pigeons were very sensitive to the icelandic volcano fallout dust and have decided to roost somewhere abroad before they return?.How could I have forgfotten Gunsmoke,James Arness,Hoppy(forgotten his real name-he was in Stephen Spielbergs first film Duel)and Kitty.Loved that show.I am not familiar with the saying "streak posters?" Sorry Bruce Iam not familiar with the word -mausy- either,it is not in my oxford dictionary .

Thanks everyone for widening my education,I will catch on eventually.

Bye for now,

Eric.

Judy, your dinner party sounded great. Like Bruce said, people love food. I know I love when someone else is doing the cooking and entertainment. I know you're not looking forward to this week, but I'm looking forward to meeting with you. Have safe travels.

Eric, even though I'm a girl those shows are all too familiar. Must be we were born around the same time.

We've got hot here in Orlando. All that troublesome weather is heading down this way. Tornado warnings for all of Central Florida. I just finished cutting the grass so I'm good for another week with that.

Mike, I don't know anything about pigeons but I'm sorry yours are gone.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Laurie,

How does my birthday sit with yours 8th of May 1949,(no need to reply,girls always have the privilege of discretion in my book)

Eric, the site is typically slow on Sundays. You are a little younger than I, but not enough for me to be unfamiliar with all the titles you list. My BD is Feb 2, 1944. Don't pay any attention to Bruce. He's just being shameless in letting you know he's a youngster compared to us old folk lol. Oh by the way, nobody probably got what I was talking about. Bruce mentioned me coming to Canada. My husband services the industrial furnaces of a Canadian company and we haven't been there in a couple of years.

Mike, I am so sorry about your pigeons. I'm sure they have personalities and you get attached to them like any pets. I travel too much to have a pet but if I had one it would be a bird. I remember the canaries and parakettes (sp?) we had when I was a kid. Tweety Bird is my favorite cartoon character.

Laurie, me too. I'm going over my schedule and nail down the possibilities for you tomorrow. I'm really not so nervous about the scans but told Stan today that if they weren't good, he better be prepared to pick me up off the floor. I'll be that shocked.

Judy in KW

Yep I'm just a spring chicken Judy since we are into birds. LOL

Eric mozzy or mausy means a cloudy day with a light drizzle of rain. Similar to what we have here today.

Sorry to hear about your pigeon's Mike.

Laurie since you are done with your grass cutting for another week, any chance you can cut a few acres for me. LOL

Eric,

I'm the 26th of May, 1947 so we're close.

Mike,

I loved Dennis Weaver. He was one of those guys who was just a cool cowboy. Now my favorite cowboy actor is Robert Duvall.

Bruce,

I'd love to cut yours. Of course that's easy to say because I know I don't have to do it. Right now, I have to go out and add oil to my lawn tractor.

Bill taught me a whole lot while he was sick and prepared me for many things, the how to's and the when to's and so on but I still don't have to like doing these things manly things. He always used to joke and say "gee Laurie, do you have to be a girl all your life?" when I wouldn't know how to do manly things. Boy, I sure have learned a lot in the last 2 years and I sure do miss him.

Hi Laurie,

Dennis Weaver,of course it was,Where did I get Hopper from,Lonesome Dove with Jamie Lee Curtis and Robert Duvall,best western series ever, I think.Wish there were more programmes like them,wasnt that blue duck a real nasty?.

Heyall, muchly late here today. Was an explosion about a block from my house last night, a used gasoline tank at a company that services gas pumps and tanks and the like. Shook my house pretty good, fireball about a hundred feet in the air. Fire department had it under control in prolly 20 minutes, they were really on the ball. No injuries or other damage that I know of.

Hey Eric, my older brother's birthday was May 8th 1950 and one of his sons was May 8th musta been 1981 or so. My Granny's was May 9th many moons ago and my sister's is May 6th of 61 I think. I'm lousy at remembering years.

Weather here has gotten chilly again, snowed a spit or two last night and again tonight, only got to about 45 here today maybe 50 tomorrow. Whenever the weather gets too cold I get sick as hell again so I been down the last couple days. I'm ready for the weather to just level off and get normal.

Laterz,, guess I'll turn off the light.

Click..

Donny