Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! 80 degrees in KW. That meant my bike ride to see the bunnies was a little warm. Had a slight breeze that helped. Saw a dozen of them and it just tickles my heart every time.

Went to group last night. Only a handful of us there but dinner was nice because Loreen's daughter had joined us. She's visiting from New Hampshire. Regulars here may remember Loreen was the new friend I made when I started giving her a ride to group. Haven't mentioned her much because the relationship has become a little problematic.

I'm a bit rung out. Stayed up late and didn't sleep in that late. Have started working out on my Total Gym again in addition to the walking and biking. The biking didn't too to badly but I missed these long-armed mirrors I use to have to see behind me. I'm still not great on the turns and because I'm so short, getting on and off the bike is the hardest thing about it. Well I got used to it before, I will again. Hey Bud I'm trying lol.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 70 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high for today is 91 degrees.

The last two mornings, I haven't been able to get my heart rate very high as I've ridden to work, so I could go any speed I wanted, as long as it was slow. That's my body's way of telling me it's tired. I've ridden 8 of the last 10 days. I'm thinking I'll take the next two days off the bike, before I ride Saturday's 200k at Denison.

Look up that location, Eric. It's next to Lake Texoma, a 90,000 acre lake on the Texas-Oklahoma border. As a matter of fact, Saturday's 200k brevet crosses the Texoma dam, near the end of the ride.

I got tickled after last year's Denison brevets. The 600k ride is actually around 620k, and crosses the Texoma dam twice. A friend joked that it should be renamed: "Two Dam Long 600k".

Good job on the bike, Judy! Have a great day, all!

Good morning! I give you both a lot of credit for working so hard for your fitness! It amazes me! I'm happy that I can get up a flight of stairs repeatedly.....and two years ago, that was not even possible. LOL!

It's hot here. Just plain hot for Michigan. We've had more over 90 days here this year, than we had for the entire summer last year. Last year was unusually cold, only got the boat out 3 times, but still.....it's hot.

I'm car shopping. Test drove an Infinity last night. Didn't like the sport feel to it. I don't want to feel the road beneath me, nor do I want to hear it. So that one is out. We will be checking out a few before making a decision. I'm in my car a lot, so I want to make a good decision. Life is short, and we need to enjoy what we can!

Today is my "day off" so I slept until 9, and am just goofing off for a little bit then, I have a grueling day of a manicure, and pedicure. *sigh* LOL!

Have a good one!

Judy in MI

We're getting the house ready for termite tenting, so I'll be out of touch for a day or two. We should have Internet at our pet-friendly Waikiki hotel, but don't know how much time I'll have for posting. Probably not much.

At my appointment yesterday, my onc (and the radiolist's report) confirmed that my nodules have shrunk 10-20 percent on fourth-line Navelbine, as I thought they had from looking at the images last week. This far along in the game, I'm pretty happy about that!

Aloha,

Ned

Way to go on your results Ned! Shrinkage is great. Judy,I was reading a article on yahoo yesterday about the 10 most dangerous highways in America. One of them was a long two lane bridge near Key West. Something about the way the sun reflects off the water and blinds the drivers. It was a nice day here in Nebraska. One of my homing pigeons that I lost 3 days ago returned today so that kind of got my spirits up.