Bittersweet

Treebywater

I am NOT dwelling on this today. I am not and I won't. This is my little girl's day.

But yesterday was Mama's birthday and what I gave her for a present this year was a Kindergartener. Carolyn leaves for her afternoon class right after lunch today.

And I am thrilled and excited and so happy for my daughter.

But I have a lump in my throat too because I so wanted my Mom to see her beautiful and amazing namesake as she took all these journeys. I know she does see. But I would give anything to pick up the phone and tell her all about it.

I needed a space for that today and this is it.

Val, your Mama was already gone from you when I joined. But I remember your posts. Congratulations on your little girl starting school. It's a monumental day and I remember my own little girl's first day. Wish your Mama could be there with you but, like you said, you know she's "seeing" it.

Judy in KW

Well congrats on your little girl starting her first day of school. I hope she loved it! Your right that Mama is seeing it, and like Randy said, talk to her about it! She can hear you. I talk to my Mom all the time, and somehow it comforts me to know she can hear me. I still miss her so much and it's been unbelievably 14 years since she left. *sigh*

Judy in MI