Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! I keep hearing about the cold front coming in here. Of course, we know that term is relative. I'll tell you how low we go.

Just a quick in and out. So much for my "down time" Bud. I worked Monday at a even pace and then ran errands. Nice day finished lying on the couch watching TV. Yesterday was a rough day in my make-shift office. I was having trouble picking up where I left off. I usually make notes but this time, they weren't helping as much as I needed. Stopped and cooked! I know but I bought fresh veggies and brough my wok with me. Made Asian noodles and sauted peppers, zuchinni, squash and eggplant. Yum, but then had to clean up the office mess and drive to pick up Dom from band practice at school. A normal 25 min drive took a full hour in rush hour traffic. When I got to Wendy's I helped him with his dinner, emptied the dishwasher and tackled a sink full of pots and dishes. Whew!

Got to go. Spending the day with Wendy hoping to help her create some order. She's a single Mom who works alot. I used to be able to help more when I came here than I can now.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 31 degrees as I rode to work this morning, a bit chilly, but at least yesterday's big winds are gone now. Forecast high is 65.

I know what you mean about cancer attitudes at work, Eric. This place where I work had had a long run of bad cancer events. For many years, anyone who left with cancer never returned. So, when I was diagnosed with the most dreaded cancer of all, and took off for lung surgery, you could tell that not many expected me to return. It's a wonder they waited before giving away my office, desk, cart, and everything else I use here.

But my boss was a good guy, my best friend here. He changed, about the time I was diagnosed, though. He developed a major "life is too short" attitude, found a better job in the Pacific Northwest, where he'd always wanted to move, and left. I don't know if his change had anything to do with my diagnosis or not. I've been wanting to get out of this place ever since he left, but haven't quite been able to get it done.

It's December already! I rode 607 miles in November. That's about what I had planned, and leaves me with 423 miles to ride in December to reach my goal of 7500 miles for the year. As long as the weather doesn't turn too terrible, I should be able to manage that.

Have a great day, all!

Oh the weather outside is frightful,

But the fire is so delightful,

And since we've no place to go,

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping,

And I've bought some corn for popping,

The lights are turned way down low,

When we finally kiss goodnight,

How I'll hate going out in the storm!

But if you'll really hold me tight,

All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,

And, my dear, we're still good-bying,

But as long as you love me so,

Yessssss, it's here! About 3 inches, which is nothing, but it's still coming down good. Yeeeehah!!!!!! Had to drive Olive into town today to get a trim, and sheesh, the people are driving like we are having a blizzard. The roads are not bad, just some accumulation between the tires and on the sides, so stopping is not an issue! But they are riding their brakes, afraid to get into the left turn lane because it has some snow on it. Oh boy! I hope they get their snow fears over soon for we have months of it left.

I love the song above. One of my favorites.

Judy, how nice that you are helping Wendy out. That is very cool.

Bud, I have no doubt you'll reach your goal of 7500 miles. Bad weather or not. When a Texan says 31 is a bit chilly, that's one tough Texan! LOL!

None of you came to Eric's party. It was great fun! Please join us the next time, as we really missed you all.

I hope someone here has experience with brain mets and radiation. I posted at cancergrace.org, and here, and haven't heard back from anyone. I really want to offer this woman some good advice. So help if you can in the post titled "brain mets".

Thanks and have a good day!

Judy in MI

Evening All,

Wecome to the Artic Circle,think even Bruce is having milder weather than me,for the second day my car was unable to climb Mt Sutherland Drive,didnt make work again,almost another complete day marooned,but not entirely the snow plough arrived,hooray rescued at last,do you know I swear I have seen a couple of Polar bears in Cairnhill Woods at the back of my house.

Emma emailed today to confirm or not the arrival of her film crew at my home,in the interests of their safety,with tears in my eyes,I had to recommend them not coming,it is so disapointing to me,but you know what despite that she could just find someone else in England more convenient,she wants to re-shedule and still use me,isnt that really nice?better be at my best then.

Hi Judy KW,you are a bit of a cook arent you?you know everthing you describe is new to me,like stuffed clams,oyters and scallops etc,they all sound so delicious,cannot wait to try your recipes one day LOL.I would love to know what instrument Dominic is learning?,maybe we could duet to-gether,or even a trio with Donnie perhaps?.

Hi Bud,thanks for your reflections on workplace cancer attitudes,kinda makes me feel better regarding my experience.I think your dx played a major role on your buddy finding the courage to live his dream and move out West.I know about your dream,leaving the life of working on CAD machines,which I think would be really interesting,but for too clever for my brain,I keep trying to win EuroMillions and the National Lottery,if I do hit the jackpot,you can retire anytime.I think you will manage 7500miles provided I dont send you our weather.

Hi Judy MI,did you get home safely from the party?thanks for being such a sport,you are definately No1 on my invitation list for my next party.You know Judy you have brought a lump to my throat,with your carol post,(what a great big softie I am)up until my dx two years ago,I was a member of the Airdrie and Coatbridge Amateur Operatic Society Concert Party(got the Tee shirt and a jersey to prove it)we had a lot of gigs at this time of the year,in the first half of our concert,we sang the songs of our next big show (they cost over £30,000 to stage)in the next half we changed into our carol costumes,Santa hats and Christmas type wooly jumpers,and gave the audience a wide collection of Christmas songs and carols,I always had two solo spots -Eidelweiss and Cliff Richard's No1 hit song Mistletoe and Wine.Sadly the concert party has now disbanded,I so miss it at this time of the year.

OK,Judy,when you are ready,my guitars on hand,does the key of C suit you? right blast off time,after three,,,,,

Oh the weather outside is delightful Goodnight Everyone.Byee

It is +8F but -6F with the wind this morning. Can really feel the cheeks tingling especially riding an ATV across an open field.

Judy you are certainly keeping busy. I bet Dom really enjoyed you picking him up and I'm sure Wendy appreciates the help.

Bud you really have some temperature swings there. I can handle the cold or the warm but it is the big changes that really hit home.

Speaking of workplace attitudes, I email daily with Marisa. Her boss and co-workers have just been exceptional. Since she has been off work, frequently her boss will call and say that he is sending a cab to pick her up. She arrives at her workplace and they have ordered in food and all her co-workers are there. They have a great time socializing. She is a great lady and I can certainly understand why her co-workers like her so much. It would sure be nice if all our employer's were as thoughtful.

Judy in MI, I certainly know what you mean about people being scared to drive in snow. It's the same here, especially the first snowfall of the year. I can understand with new driver's, but people who have been driving for year's are the worst. They probably cause more accidents then someone who has never driven in snow.

Take care.

Hey everyone! The temperature is definitely dropping here and our high for tomorrow is only supposed to hit the mid 60's. This weather always makes me realize what I miss about Tennessee life. I love the changing of the seasons and the colder weather. Days like this bring back memories of going to a UT football game and stopping by a Smoky Mountain Market for a full house. A full house is a hot tamale covered in chili. Yum!!!! Unfortunately, you can't find this in Florida.

Today is day # 8 of the cold from hell!!! I developed a sore throat on Thanksgiving and have been sick for every day since then. I was still running a temp last night but I think the fever is all gone and I'm actually feeling like a human today. There are several people here in my office that are sick with this thingie, so I hope it doesn't come knocking at my door twice. Hopefully I will have some immunity after all this.

Glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Ann

Wow, Ann, thanks for reminding me to set the heat to come on in the night lol. Been in FL for more than 20 years and have NO nostalgia for the cold.

Bruce, that is just amazing what Marisa's boss does. I've gaps in my site attendance after traveling so much this summer. How is she doing?

Eric, did you get out of going to work again or did the snow plow come in time to allow you to go? You know you wanted to lol. By the way, did you ever say what subject(s) you teach?

Judy, I don't ever recall feeling so jolly about the snow unless I was staying inside or someone else was driving. I was probably one of those people who make you crazy but I will say, if I ever saw traffic backing up behind me, I'd pull over and let them pass.

Bud, sounds like you made that goal doable by the end of the year. Hope the weather holds for you. Wish you and everyone could love what they do. It stinks to go to work in a place where you are not happy.

Wendy was off today so I went and we worked on sorting things out in her house. I realized on the way back to the coach that I haven't enjoyed the time with her here so much in a long time. Think it may have something to do with the fact that she threw the boyfriend out?

Have a great evening everyone.

Judy in KW