FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! Depending on the source 58-60 degrees in KW. Looks like this is going to be our winter--little bursts of warm with lots of chilly in between. Got to call family and friends in NJ though. They get slammed with snow again! I'll take the chilly.

Don't make fun but with the tax prep done, I'm going to start putting Christmas away. The misc decorations have been gathered on the DR table for weeks and the tree is still trimmed lol. Well, I have to prioritize. My energy level is not what it used to be.

Throughout the day I'm going to try to go back and catch up on what's been going on onsite. I don't like missing posts from people who need support.

Hope you all are keeping warm and hope you working folk have a speedy Friday. Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

It's Friday - the happiest day of the week.... unless it's another day like before a vacation or holiday but for the most part Friday is a darn good day.

Judy, since the stores are putting Christmas stuff out for sale right after Halloween now I think that leaving things out until now just makes sense. I'm sure you, with your organization skills, were leaving them out just in case you ran across a post holiday sale on some little something to add to the pile - then proper packing would only happen if everything were done at once - good excuse - I mean reason right.

I'm not sure of the proper etiquette for this - but I say on facebook this morning that Will Riddle posted (apologizing for the informality of announcing something on facebook) -

"that he was having a bit of exploratory/biopsy and possible intervention for a small spot that "we" think is likely a return of the cancer in my chest wall near my back."

So I'm thinking we should think of him with kind thoughts today - and if anyone knows a direct contact with him perhaps you could drop him a note.

On to the fall right quick - my left side is a bit on the ouch side. Movement sends a little twinge but not as bad as it could have been. For some strange reason my right hip is hurting - but all in all - I'll have to avoid exercise of any kind this weekend. (Drat - or - Yeah) I guess I will just have to lounge about on the couch - read, play FB, yep I will pretty much have to relax this weekend. Dusting, cleaning, laundry, dishes all that and related stuff will just have to wait. And anyone that is thinking I went outside and poured water on the ground next to my car - well I didn't not this time because I just thought of is.

Anyway - I better get busy - I'll check back on everyone later.

Annette

Morning folks!

Judy - you could always pass yourself off as Ukranian; however, I think Annette's idea is much simpler :) I have discovered the last few years that the things I used to think everyone else noticed - they were totally oblivious to. Ok, granted a tree might be a hard thing to miss, but really people just get used to what is there and after awhile don't even notice it. Hey...to save yourself some time and energy just leave it up until next year - wish I had thought of that earlier :) ! Oops you did say don't make fun of you so I will stop now (see we Canadians aren't always polite and sorry are we?!?-lol)

Annette - sorry I don't know the gentleman who you are referring to; however, I will think good thoughts for Will. Wait - is this Will who works on the rig? Oh my! In any case, best wishes that this is not cancer. Glad you are going to relax this weekend - all the other stuff will still be there when you are ready. Enjoy the down time - too bad you had to hurt yourself in order to relax for a whole weekend.

My family and I are going to Edmonton on Sunday to pick up our couch for the basement - I am so excited. I also just got my new laundry set (washer broke down-hubby has been repairing it for several years and finally had to bite the bullet) and just waiting to get the gas line put in for the dryer...can't wait to use it! Boy, that's something I don't say often about laundry :) Annette - send me over your laundry and I will happily deal with that!

I can't remember what everyone said yesterday - I know I read it yesterday ... but the memory isn't what it used to be. A big hello to all those from yesterday and I wish everyone a wonderful Friday.

Linda

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

It was 44 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 74. But in case I'm thinking that spring has arrived, some forecasters are starting to predict an ice storm here for Tuesday.

I rode my bike to work all five days again this week. It's starting to look like that won't happen next week.

Glad you made it back, KW Judy. I have the same problems from time to time. I get logged off and the forum won't accept my password to log me back on, or even email me a new password. I always end up having to get Katie to rescue me.

Annette, I had a feeling that more pains would show up from that fall. It always seems to work that way. Glad to hear that it doesn't sound too serious, though.

Have a great day, all!

just in case you ran across a post holiday sale on some little something to add to the pile

Annette, in years past you would be spot on with that lol. I'm actually following the advice of a friend and putting less ornaments on the tree. Now I have to figure out which ones I can live without and get rid of them. Oh no! As for your weekend, sounds PERFECT.

Thanks Annette for letting us know about Will. I do see him from time to time on FB. I've always worried a little for him. He seems to work hard and have so much on his plate. I'll check out his wall later. Do you remember that he started the Air?

Linda, I get the excitement of a new washer and dryer. Are they those new space-age-looking front loaders. Mine work fine but the knob is shot on the washer. I have to use needle-nose pliers to turn the knob, then pull it out with the pliers lol. New furniture, a joy until the first spill lol.

Bud, couldn't be happier for you with those 44 degrees. Sorry about next week but in spite of the cold, you've managed I'm sure to rack up some good mileage this month.

I think we should start sharing anything new or something we think is useful to others on our computers. I've been in my W7 trying to figure out what I'm doing that's making me crazy. My mouse jumps all over the place and opens things I don't want opened. Not much luck there, clicking and unclicking selections then forgetting what was there before lol. What happened to "defaul setting" keys. I did learn that Contrl I opens Favorites so if I slip and don't hit Shift for Cap I, I've opened favorites. Also, I didn't know that when my cursor is in this box, I can hit Control A first to highlight, then C and V to paste if necessary. Sometime highlighting can be a nuisance.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Judy - yep, it's one of those new fangled washers and dryers - I'm not sure but I think I could probably even wash and dry the dog in them as they are supposed to do "everything" :) . I laughed out loud at the picture you paint of you and your washer and the pliers. Our old one had us performing little oddities to get it to work as well.

As to the couch, it's not brand new as it is a couple of years old - I am buying it from my cousin; however, to us it will be new. I have always wanted a leather sectional but I have never been able to save the money for new (laundry more important); nor did I want someone else's second hand. My cousin hardly ever used it as it sat in the den and they always sat in the living room. The price was in my budget and it is clean and comfortable. As to the first spill - I know it will happen and that will just mark it as ours! My son left an impression of his teeth on my coffee table when he tripped and fell at the age of 4 (three days after we bought it). I can't look at that table without thinking of him (with love and gratitude that his teeth never fell out).

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Linda

Judy - you could always pass yourself off as Ukranian; however, I think Annette's idea is much simpler I have discovered the last few years that the things I used to think everyone else noticed - they were totally oblivious to.
Good afternoon! I started my day early with my lady friends in our Bible study. We're studying the book Heaven, and it's really been so good. They are great friends and I love spending my Friday mornings with them.

Well, Monday is the first Monday in 3 years that I won't be going into my "old" volunteer work. It actually is a relief for me. I didn't realize how much work I took on, until this forced me to write it all out so the director could figure out how to replace me. And I'm not replacable! At least not for free. LOL He had some other volunteers he hoped would take on my work, and I met with them, and they are not willing. So if they want the detailed work that I did, I think they will have to hire someone and that is just the right thing to do. By the way.....I won't be applying for it. There's so much out there I want to do, volunteer for, and enjoy, that there's no regrets with this whole thing.

So some funny stuff this morning. Judy, I guess I lied when I said all my Christmas stuff was done.

"Judy - you could always pass yourself off as Ukranian; however, I think Annette's idea is much simpler I have discovered the last few years that the things I used to think everyone else noticed - they were totally oblivious to. Ok, granted a tree might be a hard thing to miss, but really people just get used to what is there and after awhile don't even notice it. Hey...to save yourself some time and energy just leave it up until next year - wish I had thought of that earlier " crack me up LINDA!!!!! :lol:

I have two 3 foot Christmas trees that are predecorated with lights on. So we usually put them out, one upstairs and one downstairs, and at the end of the season, we put them in their bags and put them in mechanical room for the rest of the year. Well hubby has to do this because they are awkward and difficult to get into the bags. So here we are on January 28, and I look by the Front door? Yep, that little tree is still there. I go downstairs and look by the pool table? Yep, that one too. So funny.

So Linda's comments rang home to me. They are rather pretty, I'll bet if I kept them up, no one would notice.

Well, I'm off for a cut and a color. I decided to try to go 8 weeks before getting a hair cut and color, and it's 8 weeks, and I went 2 weeks longer than I should have. I honestly do not know how I got so gray! Seriously! I was not gray before cancer. When my hair grew back, it was not gray. But I decided to start coloring it when it grew out because I wanted to try a different color other than my natural brunnette. And when I realized that I did not look good blonde, or red, I went back to brunnette, and now if I want to stay that way, coloring it has to happen. *sigh* I love getting old! :D

Seriously I do. Many of us have faced the fear that it wouldn't happen, so getting old is beautiful!

MI Judy

Hey guys!!! Just jumping in at the end of the day to say hello!!! I posted this morning and thought the post was here but obviously someone else must have been posting at the same time. I have to learn how to save these posts....lol.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. It's after 5:00 and I'm just now getting ready to wrap up here at the office. My Friday usually ends at 3:00 but it's been a very crazy day here!!!

I hate Tax Time!!!!