Tuesday's Air

Libby

Good Morning,

It is 31 degrees here in Green Bay. Suppose to get 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow. I am just sitting here at the hospital waiting for my CT scan. I am drinking my two drinks for the test and wishing to god they could just put some alcohol in them!! It would make the waiting so much easier plus there drinks taste awful. Drink number two is coming soon, ugghh. LOL

Ann sorry to hear about your house problems, sounds like you have been very busy also.

Annette and Stephanie I always enjoy reading your posts you both always put a smile on my face. I am still clearing out the cobwebs in my brain. I think my chemo brain is here to stay.

Judy in MI how is the weather by you is it showing any signs of spring? We are getting days now that hit mid 30's so I think it will be here soon. Thank god.

How is the cycling going Bud? Are you getting a lot of mile puts in again after this crazy winter?

Well everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed for good results tomorrow. I am feeling very worried about it. It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have something to worry about. Gosh I still think they need some alcohol in these CT scan drinks!

Have a great day all.

Libby

I think the best part of your scan Libby is being able to start the Air today.

It was chilly as I drove to work - drove my mom's car so it wouldn't be dead if she ever gets out of the hospital. When I talked to her a while ago it didn't sound like it would be today - but you never know - they turn around on a dime I think.

I am in a pretty not nice mood after a conversation with someone from the Foster Care Prevention division of Social Services. I think I heard somewhere if you can't say something nice - say nothing at all - - nuff said.

I think I shall go stare into space and try and think of nothing at all for a bit.......

Oh - I forgot I got the neatest email today that has includes the funniest picture but I don't know how to put pictures in these posts I would love to post it if someone would offer to help.

Annette

Annette

Good morning, everyone!

It was 59 degrees with a light mist as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 81. It rained some during the night here, and I had forgotten about a road construction spot until I hit the mud in it this morning. I managed to stay upright, but really got the bike muddy. I'm glad I have fenders on it, or I'd be a muddy mess, too.

I usually stop in here on my morning break, but this morning, I was a bit late getting to my office at break time, and when I did make it, there sat my computer locked up. By the time I rebooted and logged back in on the network, it was too late to post anything. So here I am, posting on my lunch break.

Ann, great to hear from you, but sorry about the mortgage. There are so many people in that situation right now because of the falling house values everywhere. I was actually able to take advantage of that situation.

My old house in Arlington lost value, but only a modest amount, nothing even close to the ones in my new neighborhood, which were all built in 2005-2006, the last years they were giving a mortgage to anyone who could fog a mirror. The massive amount of foreclosures in this neighborhood knocked the values down so much that I was able to sell my old house and use that equity plus a small amount of savings to buy this house outright. It's crazy, what's been happening in real estate lately.

Libby, my riding mileage is down, like it always is in the winter, but I'm ahead of last year, so things aren't looking too bad, mileage-wise. Of course, with my mileage down, my weight is up. I am dragging around an extra 7 pounds right now. I need to not put on any more and get my miles up soon so I can get rid of that.

Annette, I'm pm'ing you my email address. I can post your image, but won't be able to do it until I get home.

Good luck with scans, Annette and Libby! Have a great day, all!

I just gotta say - giving anyone who can fog a mirror a mortgage - almost fell out of my chair laughing. We are in the same real estate predicament here in Richmond. - Gotta laugh about something - go ahead somebody told me laughter is the best medicine and I have to admit every day that something in the Air makes me laugh I feel better all day!

Annette

Good Evening All,

Bit quiet isnt it? its 7.00pm here so I suppose its kinda early yet State side?.Still cold to-day compared to last week,but nice to know winters grip has now passed over here.

Be setting out shortly,our bowling team tonight is on the second slot 8.30pm-10.30pm,I do prefer the early shift though 6.30pm-8.30pm,although the times are fairly rotated,looking forward to my retirement to get some day practice in before playing in the evening league.

Libby-best wishes for to-morrow and for some great feedback,just be like the song "Dont worry about a thing,because everything is going to be alright",music is great for giving us a wee lift when needed occassionally isnt it?,another one that never fails to cheer me up when I hear it is "I can see clearly now,the rain is gone" forget who sang it,was it Jimmy Cliff ? Talking about Cliff,my favourite singer Cliff Richard is going to America to record a new album of duets with a string of soul singers,also going to be appearing in Las Vegas to promote the album,he is going to be working with Percy Sledge,Dennis Edwards from the Temptations and a disco queen called Candy Staton??.Dosnt mention yet dates,maybe if its in July or August I could pop down,and see him,well I suppose I could if it were Scotland, but Americas so blooming big isnt it?

Oops forgetting my time,got to go guys,I will try and drop by when I get home about 11.00pm,have a good evening all,oh by the way did you catch Robert Lowes intro in cancergrace,its worth a read,byeee.

Ok, below is a link to Annette's image. Only it wasn't an image, it was a web page. Only it wasn't a web page, it was a web page imbedded in email, complete with an animated gif. Only it wasn't an animated gif, it was an embedded animated image that Outlook Express wouldn't even save. The moral of the story? Be careful what you volunteer for....

Missing Lipstick

Hi all,

Didn't get in until now at 10:13PM. Got up this AM absolutely miserable. The throat was burning, the tummy roiling, and some other things going on with a vomit. Don't need to get into the details other than to say I was one sick puppy today.

Spent the day in bed. I only had a can of chicken noodle soup all day. Seeing my PCP tomorrow for a physical. Nice. As sick as I've been the weight has to be down :-)

LOL

Whatever.

I need to get over this whatever it is. It's seriously cramping my lifestyle.

Going to bed now, to try to feel like a human tomorrow.

Judy in MI

OMG Annette that post Bud manage to put up had me rolling. I just loved it. I needed a good laugh. Thank you Bud for all your efforts:)

I have to figure out how to save it so I can send it to some friends.

Good night all.

Libby