Saturday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! My desktop says 67 degrees. I was up making another cup of tea and thought it was very chilly. Then I realized it wasn't all coming in from outdoors. Stan left the door open and the AC set on 77 and it was running. Not good for the electric bill.

I don't talk too much about my Tarceva treatment but it is wearing me down. I make no less than 6 trips to the BR every morning over a period of about 3 hrs. Makes a slow and physically wearing start to the day.

Am concentrating on doing little bits of unpacking and rearranging at a time. This past week since returning from my cruise has been absolutely exhausting. I do want to feel like going out to dinner tonight if the neighbors do so may even take a nap.

Came home to an awesome display of orchids. I am positively getting out there today and moving some of the blooms to the window our LR looks out on. Counting on the fact that Stan may follow me out there lol.

Not too many people on the Air yesterday. Bud, rushing the change of season a bit are you. Better keep the thin sock for awhile. Becky, I'm glad you are enjoying good weather in spite of the mud. Love the idea of the mud wrestlers. Judy, I didn't live as far North as you but do remember late freezes that spoiled spring blooms. Hope it doesn't happen for you this year.

Hey all, Stan's back from his walk so I'm off here. Have a great day eveyone.

Judy in KW

Good Morning. It is 25 degrees and foggy here in Minnesota this morning but they say we are going all the way to 52 degrees this afternoon! That should help melt our snow that is still on the ground.

Hope all have a pleasant weekend.

Donna G

Flip flops and capries yesterday, snow showers on Wed. Are your kiddin' me. Into the 50's today.

Golfed thursday and friday, this time of the year it is a total gift.

Next week we have our DelVal spring luncheon. We haven't been together for awhile, so it will be great to see everyone. Don't know how to post pictures here, but will do it on FB. We will miss Ellen, she was a smart, kind woman.

Judy, I remember Earl had the same problem with Iressa. Hope it resolves, makes going out to breakfast kind of tough.

Judy MI has to be exhausted after the 10 day 'laugh fest'. Take it easy.

Off to get my nails done and then to see the Lincoln Lawyer, although I am not a Matthew McC lover.

Sorry about laying low yesterday. It has been a long long week for me. Great news on Thursday - I'm still unremarkable - one more three month checkup to get us to two years and then we jump to six month. My doctor is just so cool - as soon as she walks in smiling about 1/2 that elephant on my chest went away.

Then came the horror of Friday morning. Not totally what we expected. But I do have a 15 year old staying with me now. I'm celebrating one successful evening. The put him on outreach - which means he has a pretty little bracelet on his ankle. I have to call in Monday - Friday by 4 p.m. to get permission to take the twerp anywhere. He has to stay within an 80 foot circle of this monitor (can't even take the trash out - what good is he). Well I got permission to take him to the grocery store and will do that after the Saturday Outreach person comes to visit. (He will be checked on at least every other day.

We tried to have a meeting with my mom involved in laying down the rules of the house. I went and got her a safe, I put a hasp and lock on her closet, then at her request we put a hasp and lock on the microwave cabinet. And still there were drugs all over her house. I told her she had to get them put away - or Marco would not be coming over to her house at all. She went off - screaming at me that she was tired of me telling her that. I told her it was not necessary and unacceptable to scream at me in my home. When she started screaming she wasn't screaming she shot the finger at Marco. So I said - this meeting is over you have to leave my house.

My mom has not even asked my how my scan went. She expects me to care about her - help her because she has so many medical issues and she doesn't give a hoot. As you can tell the air here is a little heavy. So - If anyone is willing to tell me a joke - - do a funky funny virtual exercise with me - or just remind me to buck up tomorrow could be better or worse I would appreciate it.

Looks like the boys are finished loading my bed on the truck to take it to Keith's house - - - Now we wait for the new King Size super comfortable bed to arrive - now that is exciting!

Little chilly out there but - the sun is shining bright. Tonight is supposed to be the fullest moon - it looked nice last night so everyone check it out tonight. Do something for yourself today - we are worth it.

Annette

The South ... You gotta luv it

*Alabama*

*A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos

for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering

under the weight of an eight-point buck.*

"Where's Henry?" the others asked.

"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the

trail," the successful hunter replied.

"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back?" they inquired.

"A tough call," nodded the hunter. "But I figured no one is going to

steal Henry!"

**Georgia*

*The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an

invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.*

He called her into his office and said, "You graduated from the

University of Georgia and I need some help. If I were to give you

$20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everything but my

earrings."

*Louisiana*

*A senior citizen in Louisiana was overheard saying ... "When the end of

the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana ."*

When asked why, he replied, "I'd rather be in Louisiana because

everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the

civilized world."

Mississippi

*The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to

his buddy, "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the

parking lot!"*

Bubba replied, "Did you see who it was?"

The young man answered, "I couldn't tell, but I got the license number."

*North Carolina*

*A man in North Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the

road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and

one behind it. Then he got back in the car to wait.*

A passerby studied the scene as he drove by and was so curious he turned

around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.

The man replied, "I have a flat tire."

The passerby asked, "But what's with the flowers?"

The man responded, "When you break down they tell you to put flares in

the front and flares in the back. I never did understand it neither."

*Tennessee*

*A Tennessee State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-65. The trooper

asked, "Got any ID?"*

The driver replied, "Bout whut?"

Texas

*The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his

pick-up into the ditch.*

The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don't you

see that sign right over your head."

"Yep", he replied. "That's why I'm dumpin' it here, cause it says:

'Fine For Dumping Garbage'."

*You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone

retiring and moving North.*

Here you go Annette. Me this morning. LOL

funny2-1.gif

I just got up, it's 11:27. We got home so late from the comedian show that I stayed up for a while to watch some TV and relax. It felt so good to just sleep, just for the sleep of it!

Beauty of a day here. Sunshine, low 50's again. I'm with you Ginny! We have the same forecase! Snow on Wednesday with highs in the 30's. What??????

I have to laugh about it because it's what living up North is all about! Highs and lows, and lots of surprises.

New issue with Spring and our new doggie Olive. Ice on the lake. It's still there, but now dangerously thin. I can not let her out unsupervised. She's very good about staying in sight if I'm with her, and I can't risk her getting curious about going out on it.

Can't wait until Randy Electric fence trains her. Now that most of the snow is gone, he's going to get on that. That will be a huge relief.

Annette, HUGE Congrats on the clear CT scan. Wonderful! I'm so sorry about the whole situation with your Mom, nephew, and the legal stuff. I congratulate you for putting your foot down with your Mom. It must be so painful for you, but it's absolutely necessary if the nephew is to remain drug free and out of jail!

Judy, I can only imagine 6 trips to the BR in the morning. Just the walk alone would be exhausting. But you always look for the positive. I love that. I hope you just so enjoy the moving of the orchids. They are one of my favorite flowers!

Air was slow yesterday. You'd think some people have to work or something!

Judy in MI

Hi All,

Just for Annette,

Anice and respectable lady went into the pharmacy,walked up to the Pharmacist and said "I would like to buy some cyanide"

The Pharmacist asked "Why in the world would you need cyanide?"

The lady replies "To kill my husband"

Pharmacist "Lord have mercy,I can't sell you cyanide to kill your husband,its against the law,I would lose my license,we would both end up in jail and all kind of other bad things could happen to us"

"Absolutely not-you cannot have any cyanide".

The lady goes into her handbag and pulled out a picture of her husband in bed with the Pharmacist's wife...

The Pharmacist looked at the picture and replied "Oh-you didnt tell me you had a prescription".

Eric - - LOL - loved it that was funny.

Judy (MI) - I used to have that saying on a cork board above my desk - I took everything down one day when I was gonna walk out and haven't seen it since. I may have to make a new one. You have to save the little dancer - whenever we get behind on the exercise we can just put her up and there we go - we are back in .. shape.

We have the windows open letting in the fresh air - but I guess I'm gonna have to get up and cook a real dinner soon - that's the one bad thing about having a teenager he will expect to be fed - like over and over and over - what is up with that. I am really anxious for it to be bedtime - they delivered our new king size bed today - so so pillowtop soft - my last one was a 4 year old queen size purchased when I thought a firm mattress was good - which of course it is not - I'm gonna feel like I'm on a cloud tonight (while Keith is out in the living room watching Basketball..... - I will probably jinx things but go VCU Virginia Commonwealth University - my alma mater).

Judy (KW) - I wish I could volunteer to go one of the times for you - all I can say is I leave a book in there now because the older I get the more often I visit - not like you I'm sure but I don't mind staying and reading at least a few paragraphs - makes it seem worthwhile then.

Anyway - somehow Keith wound up in there taking a nap - must stop this from happening at all costs - where is that water gun......

Annette

Lots of great funnies for Annette but then we all get to enjoy them! I must say Annette, your comment about Keith taking a nap on the new bed got the biggest chuckle. Oh how sorry I am you got the kid. Hope it works out and doesn't create problems for you and Keith. Family is family and you gotta do what you gotta do but taking in a teenager is a real challenge. But if things get tough, think about that picture of his Mom he had in his room. That's not a bad kid.

Turned out there was a picnic in our neighborhood today. It's an annual event but I only found out about it right after I washed my hair and settled down to watch a movie. I did rally and go though because it's one of the few times when you see lots of neighbors and many of them will be headed north soon. Stan went to dinner with neighbors tonight. I opted out. I don't need two social events in one day.

Oh the orchids are beautiful. I moved a few but stopped when I thought I should. There was a time when I'd just keep going and going. I know my limits now.

Have a great evening everyone.

Judy in KW