Thursday's Air

ts

Rise and shine - it's just 6:00 a.m. PDT around here. This is 3 or 4 hours earlier than typical for me. Just woke up an hour ago and can't get back to sleep. Maybe later. Not much going on, though I think last night was my bro and sil's last in their house - will stay with a friend for 3 nights before heading to yellower pastures in southern California. I guess that is one way to have summer. It rained here again yesterday and I won't be surprised to see some drops today as well. Sticking to the high 60's or low 70's - for the high of the day! Remarkably, the tomatoes are setting fruit, but we'll be lucky to see any fruit ripen before September.

Good morning, everyone!

It was 82 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 105.

LOL @ yellower pastures. They're definitely a dull brownish yellow around here right now.

KW Judy, Ctrl-T opens a new tab in IE.

LaDonna, I ride to work before daylight, so the heat isn't too bad then. But, I start my ride home at 3:30 in the afternoon, the very hottest part of the day.

Annette, you'd likely never guess what we're watching. It wasn't something I figured would ever be a favorite. Not knowing many series, I googled best TV series and read stuff that I found to decide what to start with. We watched a number of series pilots, and there are a few that I can tell will be very good.

While I was googling, I ran across a site that rated the 50 best science fiction TV shows ever. I like sci-fi, so I browsed the site. I was very surprised by which show they rated the best sci-fi series ever, so I added it to my Netflix queue.

That was 36 episodes ago, and we haven't watched anything else since that first episode.....LOL. The sci-fi series that Rose and I got hooked on? It's Battlestar Galactica.

Back to work for me. Have a great day, all!

Urgh! Had a nice post going and Windows decided to update and shut down right in the middle of it. Computers! Hate them, love them, hate them, love them.

Anyway, don't have time to re-write all of that so I'm just going to wish you all a lovely day and call it good.

Hope everything is good with everyone.

Judy in MI

Made it through my first day back at work and my line officer's meeting yesterday. Didn't get a whole lot done because everyone wanted to come by and chat all day... :) Read everyone's posts yesterday. Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It means a lot to hear from people that have gone through the same thing!

My dad emailed me yesterday and said that my office had sent him a cheese cake from Oregon! Said the ice packs were melted so he popped it in the freezer in hopes that it hadn't gone bad... Said he is doing good. Got back on the motorcycle yesterday.

We don't have anything planned this evening other than maybe taking the kids to see The Zookeeper. Looks like it should be funny. So far we don't have anything planned this weekend other than going to see Harry Potter! I love the books and all the movies. Have been waiting for this one to come out. My mom was hooked on them too and we went and saw 5 and 6 together. She wasn't able to go see 7 at the theater with me, but we watched it on TV. She was really looking forward to seeing the last movie...

Bud - have to say you are doing better than we are! The heat is just a little to much for us. It would probably help if we had some trees around the house to give us some shade. Did make it back to the gym this morning though. Feel a little better! Jimmy, my husband, loves the sci-fi stuff too.

Katy - Congrats on you anniversary! We will hit 13 in a couple of weeks. Hard to believe how fast time can fly.

Guess I better actually try and get some work done today!

Have a great day.

Morning All! Coming in just under the wire for am. Haven't been getting up til after 7 and this morning fooled around on FB, long conversation with Stan, a bit of breakfast and to work in the computer. Stan called again on breaktime. Guess he's making up for yesterday when we only talked once lol.

Bud, I can open the new tab but it puts it on top of the first. Then I can highlight them alternately on the lower computer toolbar but not side-by-side. Oh well, no big deal. I can work with it when I remember to do it.

I got my original homepage back so all is well with the computer for now. It's funny, someone in my latter years of adulthood commented that I didn't deal well with change. Odd, when I was younger I used to say my mode of operation was "what color would you like me to be today?" We moved seven times and I was flexible enough to make home wherever we landed. Not so much now.

Stephanie, I remember a winter here that was unusually cold and we didn't get hot enough to set the tomatos. Bummer if they come late in the north and then freeze. How cold does it get where you are?

Katie, I do the "projects" when Stan's gone too. Last time, it was reorganizing all the new recipies that have accumulated since I booked the old ones. This time I'm afraid it's catching up on MEI bookkeeping. I'm so proud of myself. I'm feeling so good, I'm so close to catching up I can taste it.

Judy, sorry about the long missing post. Been there and done that for sure. Hope the spasms are still at bay and that you're seeing the neurologist again soon.

LaDonna, glad life is getting back to some semblence of your new normal. Good deal with Dad back on his motorcycle. Enjoy the movies with the kids. I miss going to "kids" movies with my grandson who is five hours away now and growing up way too fast.

Have a good day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good Afternoon Everyone,

This is my third attempt at posting in,why does the post simply vanish just as I reach the final line?.

I had a really good day yesterday,oh I took my mouse back since the plug fitting didnt match the port in my net book,the guy took out the cable from the packaging got to the end and pulled the plug off to reveal a USB plug,why do I not spot these things?.

Jessica of LUNGevity New York,arranged for her friend Kathleen and I to attend a recording of the David Letterman show,we arrived at the theatre to find a huge queue around the block.Jessica's boyfriend is a lighting engineer for the programme,met us and took us straight into the theatre to the best seats in the house,front row balcony,above the obscuring floor cameras and other equipement .We enjoyed the pre-record rehearsals,a group from Liverpool and the warm up guy,Daivid Letterman also appeared to share a few laughs with the audience.There was a presentation given by a young girl,on new toys for this summer,among them a gun that shoots water pellets,Daivad just had to try it out,some of the audience received first hand experience of the water pellets.Show opened with a new kid on the block actor,everyone knew him but me,seems he was up for an oscar for his last film,I really must get up to date with all the current celebs.Show was over in the blink of an eye,Matin arrived to show us around the set and backstage,downstairs is actually where all the works done,you wouldnt believe all the people thats required to bring a TV prog into our living rooms,one room that Martin showed us,had $15 million in electronic gear installed in it,they had a room devoted entirely to sound effects,another for inserting film clips or charts etc,finally we were taken to the green room,photos hung on its walls of all the stars that have been in it,Beatles,Diana Ross,Tina Turner,Ray Charles to name a few,and now Kathleen and Eric,things cannot get bigger than that.Time to say goodbye to Martin,he sincerely invited Kathleen and I to return anytime,thank you Martin,you are a real gentleman andyou made my day.

No wait-the days not finished yet,off to a Irish restaurant for a meal Rosie O'Grady's,super food,Kathleen asks me if there is anything I have still to see in New York,well I have a list as long as my arm,I did mention to her I took a pic of the Statue of Liberty from the top of the Empire State building,but it only appears as very small of course,Kathleen suggests a closer look from the Stattan Island Ferry,would you believe this crossing is free?well as night was setting in I got some nice pics of the New York skyline as well as the SOL.Kathleen finally took me up to Grand Central station for a look,impressive,we then said our goobyes,thank you Kathleen for taking the time out to share a day with me,hope we can meet up again.

Well still got my last night in New York,think a meal and finally a visit to see the Jersey Boys.I have spent quite a while here today on line,got my hotel booked in Boston,really looks good with lots to do there,just noticed there a four railways stations into Boston so dont know which one I will be arriving in.Hope to get back to you to-morrow night,enjoy the rest of today.Byee.