Friday's Air

Joppette

Hi All,

Up early today. Frost is on the grass and trees. It's finally getting to that time of year. Need to haul those sweatshirts and sweaters up from downstairs now. I think it's safe to put the summer stuff away.

Didn't sleep well at all last night. The pain from the Pleurisy kept me up most of the night. Just took some ibuprofen to supplement the Vicodin to see if that will help. I've had this before, it's just painful when you move or cough. It's just an inflamation, and they confirmed it was not from pneumonia, so I'll just have to wait it out. Have an appointment for the PCP on Monday to follow up.

The scheduler from Onc. is calling me back to get me in, now that a CT scan has been done. Steph, I understand that 5 mm is tiny. The Onc's first thoughts were that if it grew enough to be seen on the Pet then he wanted to have surgery done. We will be having a lot of questions about this. Every 3 months it seems to be growing 1 to 3 mm. It's a tough call to know when it is right to take action. They can not biopsy it at this size, but the "growing" is the indicator of when to do something. If it can light the Pet will be the "take action time" in his opinion. We'll see.

If there's one thing that is "nice" about being considered a high risk patient, it is that we get immediate attention in the ER. They had me in a bed immediately and administered morphine very quickly.

Anyway, today I'm taking it easy and going to read some books I've been meaning to get at. That sounds nice to me.

Hope you all have a good Friday.

MI Judy

Cold here this morning too, have been at work an hour and haven't even taken my coat off yet. Sometimes it seems I am so cold I can feel it in my bones.

This has been a tough week, lost a friends mother this week to breast cancer. Went to the viewing last might and there were lines of people down the street waiting to get it. She was dearly loved and will be missed by so many. Cancer just sucks.

REady for this weekend, heading to LA next weekend to visit a good friend for 20 years, so excited. Judy, I hope the pleurasy gets better quickly for you, staying in and reading books sound like the perfect thing to do.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday and great weekend.

Sara

Morning All! Well, I got thru the last two days and am doing NEXT TO NOTHING today. Way overdid and am supposed to have a kid come help me get things ready for the landscaper. Don't know if weather will permit it. It's calling for rainy.

Stan is due in very late tomorrow. I probably won't be up. If his flights go on schedule, I don't think he'll roll in before 2 am.

Two days in a row I got up around 8 am. Yesterday was a little inconvient because I had an appointment in town at 10. Today I got up at 8:15 and have been in my chair since. Shopping actually since there was a 25% site-wide sale on intimates and I'm in dire need lol. I won't go into the details.

It's almost November and I don't think I have it in me to beat my head up against the local paper again. They do next to nothing for breast cancer or the Cancer Society here. I wish I haven't had the stuffin knocked out of me this year. I've recovered nicely from this past Spring but am very busy catching up on living life.

Judy, hope your situation turns out you don't need the surgery yet. For now, rest sounds like the best thing to do.

Stephanie, I hope you've seen the end of home repairs soon. I know how they can suck away at finances. Still waiting with you on your next treatment. Taxotere has been good to me but the hair would have been better if it had all fallen out. It's still thinning gradually but the texture is the worst--it look fried, like a perm gone very wrong lol.

Sara, you just posted ahead of me--have a great time in LA. Nothing better than connecting with old friends.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone!

It was 41 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 62. I didn't ride to work this morning. I sat up so late watching the Rangers keep blowing that game last night that I just drove to work this morning so I could sleep a bit later.

I'm going to join some friends for a ride tomorrow, then Rose and I are going to a Halloween party tomorrow night. I'll likely get home late enough that I'll just zombie around the house on Sunday.

Hope you're both feeling better now, MI Judy and Lillian. Have a great day, all!

Good Evening Everyone,

Good to see some old faces in the posts today.Sorry about Paulette feeling the need to back off for a while.

Anyway,beautiful sunny day here in Bonnie Scotland,mind you not T shirt temps.Yoga and swimming this morning,we have been having visits by the gremlins at my home,leaky roof,replace back door,now would you believe my land line phone goes in the blink and our electric kettle,so to the shops this afternoon,for replacements,hope thats the last.

Well back to Irene's tomorrow to lay the rest of the floor tiles,you wont believe this,but Pat ran out of tiles and went back to the shop for more to discover it was closed with a note on the door that it had gone into receivership,after a bit of searching Pat managed to source the supplier of his tiles in England,but since he only wanted six tiles,they are charging him £48 delivery ($72)Gosh I better not make any cutting to size errors leaving us short again.

JudyMI sorry to hear about your pleurisy,hope it it clears up soon as,also that surgery doesnt become necessary,enjoy catching up on your reading.

Hi Sara,its such a pleasure to see you dropping by,I do hope everything is going well for you,oh I do envy you off to LA,have a wonderful time.

Hi Bud,Where on earth have you been?I have so missed you(and a few others)but its good to hear from you,enjoy the halloween party,you didnt mention your costume?I am trying to imagine you in something suitable?,I know,what about Bruces tu-tu?,talking about Bruce,where has he disapeared to?I used to have his e-mail address on my computer,but it was lost when I had it wiped getting rid of a virus.

Wishing everyone a super weekend,Bye.

Hi Guys,

I meant to mention,have you heard about my facebook friend Christine Dwyer?

She lives near the Niagara Falls,she had witnessed them being lit up pink for a breast cancer raising awareness event recently,so she wrote away to those responsible,requesting they should do something similar for November-Lung Cancer month,well knock me down with a feather,they agreed,so note in your diaries,

Niagara Falls Illumination Nights for Lung Cancer.

16th November at 20.00pm and

17th November at 21.30pm (EST)

You can watch this on the following websites :-

http://www.niagarafallslive.com/america ... webcam.htm

or http://www.niagarafallslive.com/Niagara ... Webcam.htm

or http://www.fallsviewcam.com/

Hi all. I can now wear shoes again and maybe do some walking. Those sandles just kill my feet and my back and legs. Car started fine everytime I stopped. I am hoping it will continue until my trip and while I am gone my nephew will put a new starter in it.

I can't do any sewing and doing much writing is out because my shoulder is giving me a problem. It is better today but don't want to agrivate it for few days. Hard for me because I am used to doing several projects at once. Today it has been a puzzle, decorating the plastic gingerbread house that I finished and reading. Tomorrow I have to do some cleaning shoulder or not. The dust bunnies are starting to demand equal rights :lol:

Judy Becky (Snowflake) posts on facebook every day. I am thinking about sending Bruce a message either by pm or email to see how he is. Hope he answers. It is hard when someone just stops posting. We have no idea what has happened to them or where they are.

Sara nice to see you post again too. I don't read all of the forums any more. Mostly just this one and sometimes the grieving and health updates. Because of that I am sure I miss a lot. Has anyone seen another post from Kimmie? She posted a couple of months ago and then as far as I know not again.

Sorry for all of you who are getting the cold weather who don't want it. I like the cold much more than the heat. So far here were are still having 70s and a few 80s and only had a few days rain a couple weeks ago. The leaves are just beautiful. It was nice to drive to the doctor this morning. I went the long way around just to see more of the colored leaves.

Well got to run. I hope you all have a great weekend.