Anniversary

bwarfel

I last posted here on September 9, which was the anniversary of our learning that my wife had nsclc, stage 3B. Tonight is another of those anniversaries that bring back such painful memories. It was six years ago that my wife passed away. May 29 was Memorial Day that year, and every year, both on Memorial Day, and May 29, my mind, heart, and soul are transported back to the day. The memories of that day are still so vivid. Even though she had a terminal illness, I had never given up hope, and her death came suddenly and unexpectedly. She was a wonderful and caring person, and she had friends from all over the world. She was a librarian, and a tribute was published in the county newsletter in her memory. It contained this passage which really said so much about her life.

We mourn her loss and honor her memory as co-workers and friends:

For her vibrancy and for her delight in the world around her,

For her sense of fun and her caring ways,

For her abilty to give and receive friendship and love,

For being such a source of strength in such a little package,

We honor and treasure her memory - we celebrate her life.

Lac-Yee was only 54 years old. I miss her so.....

In memory of Lac-Yee Warfel

August 23, 1952 - May 29, 2006.

Bill Warfel

Fayetteville, NC

(((Bill))), it was 6 years ago in March that I lost my husband so I know how hard it still can be. The passage from the tribute you shared is just beautiful. I hope that it gives you comfort to know how much your wife was cared for by others. Thank you for sharing and know that many of us here understand what you are going through.

Hugs,

Sue