Sandy52

Hello everyone. Im really glad to find this board. I am well over my run in with cancer...for now, hopefully forever. I had a tumor in my RML found on an incidental xray 6/11. My RML was removed in 8/11 and the path report said it was poorly undifferentiated adenocarcinoma, but the tumor was contained to the lobe. Biggest concern was that 5 of 5 lymph nodes were infected. I had 4 cycles of cisplatin/etoposide after surgery finishing the beginning of November. I had a PET in 12/11 and another in 6/12 and both were NED. Just started a brand new job last week. So, I wish I could say I feel free and clear but I dont. There is that dark cloud in my mind, because of the lymph's that it will be back, but for now, I choose to enjoy each day as it comes to the best of my ability. I love all the posts and support here and look forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome Sandy. I had that chemo and radiation before surgery and more chemo after. I will celebrate 15 yrs of survival this year. Wishing you responded as well!! Keep us posted.

Donna G

Welcome aboard Sandy

Like you, I had surgery and my upper left lobe was removed in September 2007. I followed that with Cisplatin/Vinerolbine for 4 rounds. I just got my results back on Friday and still NED. Each time you hear those 3 letter's, you are getting further away from a reoccurance so just keep adding to your last 2 results. Enjoy that new job.

Welcome, Sandy! My story is similar, not that large a tumor, but a cancerous lymph node made it stage 2, so I had chemo after surgery.

I've been cancer free for over four and a half years now, so my dark cloud is getting smaller. Here's wishing you many cancer free years, too!

Thank you all so much for the welcome. Ill cruise around and jump in as I find time this week. And thanks Bud for sharing your sucess!!! I hope to follow in your shoes, oh and also catch a beautiful fish like that as soon as it cools down a little and I can breath.....lol

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to LCSC,looking forward to getting to know you,I had a upper right lobectomy and the removal of an infected lymph node,that was in January 2009 and I have had no further treatments since.I suppose the feeling of "what if",remains with all lung cancer survivors,as Bud mentions,this dark cloud does diminish with the passing of time.My buddy Robert Lowe was dxd with SCLC in 1993,given only 2 months to live by his doctors,which he ignored and carried on living anyway,then in 2007 he is then dxd with NSCLC,has surgery and chemo,is alive and well today and at 72 years old, he has the enegry and a lust for life of people half his age.

Theres a saying I recently discovered,Worry-its like sitting in a rocking chair-it gives you something to do,but it dos'nt get you anywhere.Robert has survived almost 20 years now,imagine the waste of his time if he had to worry every day of these past years that his cancer might have returned.My advice,get on with your life and seek out all the things you enjoy doing.