Great news on scans!

curlysue50

I went for my CT scans yesterday to look into the question of more cancer spread in my liver. Did not know if it was due to actual spread or if it was due to the last full scan being dated back to last October. (Recent scans were chest only, not abdomen). I am going in for oncology appt on Friday and was supposed to get results then. My scan was at 10 am. At 1:15 pm I had a message on my cell phone to call my onc's assistant. She said she had good news that she did not want me to wait until Friday to hear. When I called her back she told me my scans from 8 weeks ago and the ones on Monday were almost identical. Only difference they noted was that when they compared to November scans, that there is some healing going on in the bone mets! I was so happy! In cancer treatment you don't always hear the words "we have good news for you". So when you hear them, no matter how simple the situation, it is like receiving a precious gift. It is the precious gift of more life, more time. Truly grateful today. I am starting to become a bit more of a believer in the power of HOPE! And the even more powerful effect of the support of other survivors.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Thank you for sharing such an upbeat post,good news is always welcome around here,it gives a lift not only to yourself but everyone here too.Best wishes that you continue to receive good news in all your future reports.

I try to remember to post both here and on Facebook. I use Facebook quite a bit, but not everyone does. I figured I could not "overshare" this good news. The 8 week wait was long, but worth the results! I have already thought about Hope Summit 2013! My first goal of surviving to my daughter's wedding September 1st is almost here. Hope Summit can be my next goal!

Susan