New to the site, DX Oct 11,2012 with SCLC Limited

becksco1

Hello, Its nice to see there are sites like this for us to come to. I was diagnost with sclc limited back in October 2012 and have had 4 chemo treatments thus far and no radiation. Radiation wont be a part of my treatment as I have had it previously to my chest in my younger years as I battled and won stage 4 hodgkins at the age of 11. I am 46 now and faced with this issue which I remain very positive towards. I look forward to reading post here and hopfully being able to communicate with those of you here. I am available for anyone who would like to talk.

Hi becksco1,

Welcome to LCSC,let first say Happy New Year,may 2013 be a vintage one for you.Congratulations on winning your battle with cancer at age 11,what a remarkable achievement,I just love good news stories.Sorry to hear about your current dx,I do wish you every success with your on going treatments.This October I will have clocked up 5 years success in surviving NSCLC,I have a friend called Robert Lowe who was dxd with SCLC in 1993,given 2 months to live by his doctors,has chemo,to his doctors amazement,makes a full recovery,2007,he is then dxd with NSCLC,has surgery and chemo,again makes a full recovery,we are now great friends who met through our lung cancers,Robert 10 years my senior by co-incidence we were both born up brought up in the same district in Glasgow,Springburn,we went to the same schools,we even, despite our age differences, shared many of the same teachers.You will no doubt appreciate, I wish to share with Roberts success in achieving,20 years as a survivor,I also wish the same for you,it can be done you know,despite all the doom and gloom statisics,I have since my dx in 2008,met up with many long term survivors.I like to say lung cancer rained on my parade,but it sure came with a hugh silver lining,in taking me to places I would have never dreamed of visiting,meeting so many wonderful new people,gosh I have so many stories of adventures I have had that I can share with you,to save boring everyone here for the umpteenth time,you can drop in on my website LUNGevity set up for me called travellingeric/facebook.I also have a lot of my pics here in the forum Members Photo Album,lots of the scenery and places of interest of my homeland-Bonnie Scotland.I do so look forward in getting to know you,bye for now.

Hi becksco1,

I too am glad you found us :) This is a wonderful place to visit and talk to others who have the same experiences. People here have so much helpful information and they sure know how to offer the support needed.

I too am hoping to see an update from you and know how your doing. ((hugs))