Final Update

Petunia

My mother lost her battle on December 22nd at 10:43 in the morning. We were all by her side holding her and telling her how much we love her. My life as I knew it is now over and I am trying to cope with what lies ahead. My best friend is gone and at peace. It has been 10 months since her diagnosis and I would have never thought she would be gone so quickly. Once she got the brain mets and WBR she was never the same. I am still in shock and do not realize she is gone. I miss her so much. This disease sucks.

My thoughts prayers and condolences.. If you need us for anything at all feel free to ask. there are a lot of us here who have gone through what your dealing with right now... It is one of the most difficult things we will ever have to do for our loved ones...

I know how you feel. Its so early and you can't imagine things ever coming back together. I felt the same way..things were "shattered" for me. But I assure you. Things will come back together. Life will be good again and memories will be happy and bring smiles. But it takes time, and that is completely specific to you. Its early. Give yourself the time to feel whatever you need to. We'll be around.

I am so sorry for your loss. :( I know how lost and alone you must feel. You did all you could, and cared for your Mom with great patience and kindness: may this thought bring you some consolation. Wishing you peace and hoping for healing for 2013.

Jane

Dear Petunia, my deep condolences to you and the family.

As sad as you may feel now, try to think of the fact that she is in a much better place now and does not need to feel any more of the pain and misery this world brings. You did the best for her and I'm sure she lived a happy and fruitful life. To say the least, she gave the world a loving caring daughter.

Do feel free to vent and share your feelings or thoughts. This disease does suck but it's going down for sure!

Cheers and take good care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all your prayers and words of advice. Yes, I feel shattered at the moment and need to find my new place in the world. It is amazing how much hurt losing someone can cause. I never really understood what people went through when they lost a parent and unfortunately now I know how bad it is. I am slowly getting back into a routine and slowly getting out of my pity party because I know my mom would want me to go on. I am so sorry for all who have lost a loved one and send my prayers. Wishing 2013 is much better than 2012 because 2012 was the worst year of my life. Thank you all for everything throughout this horrible roller coaster called cancer.

• 1 year later...