KRAS mutation

Judy M.

So, just got latest genetic testing results. Not good news. Something on there tells the Oncologist that my cancer is hard to kill. Sigh. Only mutation I have is KRAS and he says there's no targeted therapy for that. Starting Opdivo today even though my PDL- 1 is low. Have a copy of results. Gives possible treatment alternatives. Have had the Penetrexed and it failed. Have seen treatment for KRAS mutation on here I know? Was it gencitabine? That's the only other possibility I see on the list. Ask infusion nurse about it. She says it's a chemo drug. 

Judy M. 

Judy,

Dog-gone-it!

Here is more information about KRAS trials that may be yielding results soon.  Be sure to talk to your doctor about these trials.

I don't know much about Gencitabine, also know as Gemzar.  ALL HANDSAnyone with Gemzar experience please chime in.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Judy,

I also have a KRAS mutation. My cancer was 1A and so I don't need further treatment at this time.  However, I want to  learn  all I can about KRAS  for possible future use,, so I'm interested in what others have to say. 

Lee

Thanks guys. I read the article Tom. I actually know that the little subtype of my KRAS mutation is G12V. That's on the hard copy of my biopsy report. My Med. Oncologist went the extra mile for me. I saw him the day before my Opdivo infusion and he couldn't get my biopsy report. So he made a trip to infusion and carried me hard copies of my biopsy report and explained what he saw on it to me. Along with giving me the shot at S. B. R. T. (which by the way without I'd have been in much worse shape right now since the chemo failed) this earned him big Brownie points in my book. Read one article on line that said KRAS mutation patients tend to respond well to immunotherapy. So, hoping I'll be one of those. If I must go on to next line treatment am thinking possibly a trial rather than the remaining chemo choice right now. First chemo failed and that's hard on the body. Problem is, Med. Oncologist says the fact that I've had more than one type of cancer will tend to disqualify me for trials because they try to keep it simple. Was really hoping for that ROS1 mutation but didn't happen. Have the gene, but it's not the one causing all this trouble. Thankful that I'm still doing pretty well right now and you never know what God has in mind for the future. So far, the only weapon my cancer seems to cave to is radiation and a lot of it. Thankfully, I tolerate radiation well. 

Judy M. 

Archived