DDOT

Hi d bauer and welcome. Wow, your husband was just diagnosed 2 days ago! I suspect you are both in shock. Please let us know how we can support you. Do you have questions, do you need to vent? Nobody's journey through this is the same, but whatever you're going through, somebody here has probably experiences something similar.

Hang in there. Feel free to share more when  you feel up to it.

In hope<

Bridget O

Hi, d, and welcome!  

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis, but there are lots of tools in the toolkit to fight this thing.  When and if you feel comfortable, you can share a few details about the type of cancer, stage, what treatment is being considered, etc., and people with similar experience can share their knowledge and experience.  It's not easy being the caregiver/support person, either.  I've been there with a couple of family members.  Remember to take good care of yourself, as well!

Teri

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, D,

Whenever you're ready, please feel free to share a bit more information about yourself and your husband's diagnosis. This community is full of people who have been affected by lung cancer and we have a lot of combined experience. This is a great place to find support, information, and hope while you and your husband are navigating his lung cancer diagnosis.

I would also be happy to provide you with information about LUNGevity's support and education resources whenever you're ready. Please know that we are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived