Kimi

Kimi

Just checking in!  I have been very busy running my little boutique.  So happy I am still able to do so and this is a busy time.  I am a stage 111a nsclc survivor.  I was diagnosed in May of 2017.  I know Tom has me beat but if you have fought stage 111a longer than I have please give me a boost of encouragement!  I still have days I don’t feel the greatest and my energy level is still not like it was.  However I still keep trying to go forward.  Wishing everyone a peaceful Holiday Season.

Kimi,

Hopefully this can give some encouragement - You are here. You are here running your little boutique.  You are here wishing all of us a peaceful holiday season.  You are here in spite of having a chronic condition that I consider to be a killing machine.  YOU ARE HERE.

I am not the cancer warrior, my mom is - she has NSCLC stage 3a.  Originally diagnosed November 2015 and then with a recurrence June 2017.  She's been in active treatment for much of that time.  There are some really crappy days/weeks, but there are also fabulous days.  She is living in spite of lung cancer, just like you.  Dealing with the physical and emotional changes that comes with lung cancer sucks.  It's hard to see my mom have to slow down, but it's also great to see her appreciate all of the things she now notices because she had to slow down.  

I hope that you find the encouragement you are looking for.  

Take care,

Steff

Kimi,

Good for you! I'm a stage IV (diagnosed February 2016) and, like you, I just keep on moving. I read this the other day and believe it applies to our community so well: "Your speed doesn't matter. Forward is Forward." Keep this in mind on those days where you aren't feeling 100%. I don't think many of us return to our pre-treatment selves with respect to energy and stamina - I know I haven't.  But as Steff said - YOU ARE HERE! So join me in thumbing your nose at lung cancer. 

Kimi,

Sounds to me like you are doing fabulous and moving forward!

Keep it up!! I don't have my stamina or energy either, but I try not to let it get to me.

I was diagnosed Stage IV in summer of 2017!

Best,

Ro

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Kimi! Thanks for checking in. We’re happy to hear that the boutique is keeping you busy! We hope you get some rest and relaxation in soon.

With gratitude,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived