Barb1260

Remission?

I don’t know but the way my doctor explained it to me Monday is that my type of lung cancer is sneeky and pops back up. In other wise NED until next scan. He said I’ll be seeing him for a long time. 🤷‍♀️

The way I've heard "remission" explained is that it means the cancer has not grown or spread.  NED means there is literally NO evidence of disease.  So if you still have a tumor, but it hasn't grown (or, as in your happy situation, it has gotten smaller), you would be in remission but not NED just yet.  You might get there, though--quite a few folks have.  You seem to be well on your way!

Thanks Lexie. Somebody asked me that question and I didn’t know the answer. I knew I would get the answer here. Personally I don’t care what you call it, as long as it stays where it is🙏

1 minute ago, Barb1260 said:

Thanks Lexie. Somebody asked me that question and I didn’t know the answer. I knew I would get the answer here. Personally I don’t care what you call it, as long as it stays where it is🙏

Barb that’s exactly how I feel. 🙏