How about some good LC slogans?

gerbil runner

I love the "Lung Cancer Survivor on Board" bumper sticker idea. I also like the idea of something to put a name, face, PERSON to this disease.

At the bottom of our shirts for the Lung Cancer Walk, we wrote "Everybody with lung cancer is somebody's daughter or son, mother or father, brother or sister" - I still like that.

While I personally like the clear ribbon, I also think we need a color to represent lung cancer. This color could be used for all the print materials. I am trying to choose one for our walk posters myself. Perhaps we should all come to an agreement and make it the "unofficial" color?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had so much fun reading these slogans. I want to hear more ideas, it helps me with my comedy routines when I try to make lung cancer jokes to shock people. Well not jokes per se, you know what I mean. I find a way to turn everything into cancer, it was really fun to do to the timeshare salesguy :)

I want to make totes for the Relay for Life and I wanted to do something classy, simple, yet add shock value as Debi said. So I came up with:

Lung cancer may be only just a breath away....

even if you never smoked

INSERT RIBBON

www.lchelp.com

This way it catches the eye of former smokers and non smokers, but is not "offensive".

I had other suggestions at work like "Together we can beat this". However, I didn't like it. It was too optomistic and not true. If we could beat this together, this disease would not be one of the leading cancer killers :) It is only with awareness and funds that we can beat this. Duh! :)

I had so much fun reading these slogans. I want to hear more ideas, it helps me with my comedy routines when I try to make lung cancer jokes to shock people. Well not jokes per se, you know what I mean. I find a way to turn everything into cancer, it was really fun to do to the timeshare salesguy :)

I want to make totes for the Relay for Life and I wanted to do something classy, simple, yet add shock value as Debi said. So I came up with:

Lung cancer may be only just a breath away....

even if you never smoked

INSERT RIBBON

www.lchelp.com

This way it catches the eye of former smokers and non smokers, but is not "offensive".

I had other suggestions at work like "Together we can beat this". However, I didn't like it. It was too optomistic and not true. If we could beat this together, this disease would not be one of the leading cancer killers :) It is only with awareness and funds that we can beat this. Duh! :)

I like..

ONE LUNGER!

465 people died today from lung cancer

I wasnt one of them.

Smoking is like playing Russian Roulette.

1 out of 6 smokers get cancer

As far as the ribbon, ALCASE has a real pretty christle ribbon for $15

I bought 4 of them.

Love the slogans -- Let's do keep 'em coming!

I have a pin that I got at "The March" against cancer in 1998 on the mall in Washington, DC. It just says, "Cancer Sucks." While I can't exactly wear it many places, it does express my thoughts on the matter. :twisted:

BeckyCW

• 3 months later...