US Army Testing COVID Booster

Tom Galli

I just read this in the online edition of Stars and Stripes, the US Armed Forces Newspaper, about a COVID vaccination booster (works with all currently used vaccines) just started human testing at Walter Reed Army Hospital.

Stay the course.

Tom

This is interesting. I was just searching forums to see if anyone had any info on the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine if given 4 days before first chemo (triplet) was started. I’ve searched a bit online without any luck. Sadly, I would think chemo reduces its’ effectiveness. 

Thanks for posting, Tom. 

A~

I myself haven't heard of any such lowered efficacy of covid shots due to chemo... I received my first shot (pfizer) on 3/6 and my second on 3/27. And then I started my chemotherapy on 4/5. And it's not like my medical team was unaware; everything was done through the VA and they are all very aware of my health situation (between mail from them, phone calls, etc. I am in contact with them near daily). I would think someone would have told me something if there was a concern.

But for certain I would contact your medical and ask them... The more you know the better advocate you can become for yourself...   

G,

Our search function on the forums is fakakta ATM. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I haven't seen anything to suggest the vaccines would be less effective based on timing in relation to treatment. But yeah, for any questions, I'd ask your oncologist.

Archived