Scan results

Babs

Hi all,

Just an update.  So I started a clinical trial back in June. I had a CT scan yesterday (2nd one since start of the trial) and the tumor has shrunk again.  Not a huge amount, but I’ll take it!  I will stay on this trial for 8 more weeks and then another scan.  

I was pretty nervous about the results.  They usually release the test results the same day but I didn’t get these results until we were literally sitting in the exam room waiting for the Dr.  They said they had a computer glitch.  I kept thinking it must be bad if they won’t let me see it.  

I’ve been losing weight the last month or so.  I’ve tried the protein shakes etc.  I just don’t have much of an appetite.  The Dr prescribed Marinol (dronabinol).  Does anybody know anything about it?  

Thanks for listening, 

Babs

1 hour ago, Babs said:

I’ve been losing weight the last month or so.  I’ve tried the protein shakes etc.  I just don’t have much of an appetite.  The Dr prescribed Marinol (dronabinol).  Does anybody know anything about it?  

My friend Linda, who was in the TIL trial with me, had marinol prescribed for her appetite problems. Her daughter was alarmed to find that it seemed to make her want to do nothing but sleep all day. The doctor stopped it for that reason.

I've had appetite issues again since my recent hospitalization. My doctor prescribed mirtazapine (Remeron) to increase my appetite. It's a mild antidepressant, but it doesn't seem to do much for my appetite. It's not that food tastes bad to me, it's more like I'm just not hungry. I just ordered a couple of types of nutrition shakes to see if those help.

Lexie,

I’m the same, just not hungry.  And even though I know what I need to do, it’s super hard to choke down food when you’re just not hungry!  I guess I’ll take the new script and see what it does to me.  I don’t need more fatigue. 

Linda's had a lot of issues since the trial, so it's hard to say how much of the fatigue was from the marinol. It never hurts to try it--let us know how it works (or doesn't) for you, OK?

Glad to hear you're getting good scans. I'm antsy to decide on my next course of treatment.

Babs,

Waiting for scan results is always hell.  But hearing shrinkage is promising and I hope that your next scans show continued improvement.  

Lou

Archived