Scanziety. Praying that my mum has a clear scan

catlady91

My mum was diagnosed with stage IIIB squamous cell carcinoma NSCLC 2 years ago and she has been NED since August 2020 (not including when they mistook inflammation for cancer returning in Feb 2021- turned out it was pseudo progression and the CT scan showed nothing). 

I feel that mum has been really lucky. Lucky that she's had such a good response to treatment (she had chemo radiation followed by 8 rounds of durvalumab- she was meant to have 12 rounds but she had bad pneumonitis and the doctors felt that 8 rounds were sufficient). Also she has the best oncologist and is under a top hospital.

Mum has a scan next week. Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞. I'm going to pray to G*d and my late father that she has clear scans. 

I also wish everybody else good scans and successful treatment. 

There is some good news. I looked at the American Cancer Institute statistics and survival rates are improving and that's only from 2011- 2017 so hopefully those numbers are even higher. 

Catlady...

I have all digits crossed and prayers going up for your mom to have good scan results.  Please keep us posted.

Lou

Goodluck catlady I hope everything is fantastic news, I've just had my ct scan so understand your worries take care Justin x

Archived