open letter from bart ziggies (greg) mom

Guest bartziggiesmom

Guest bartziggiesmom

It will be three months March 9 since Greg went on a journey to a better place, he is in no pain now. He fought the battle until the very day he didn't give up. I am very proud of Greg, he reached out to others to try to ease their pain. He was a 24-7 everyday fighting for life. I hope that some day they find a cure for the C's as Greg called it. It is getting easier for the pain I have in my heart for Greg knowing people like you reach out to each other. Greg called you his family. Love Greg's Mom

bartziggiesmom,

Bartziggie was onee of the first to selflessly reach out to me when I came to this board dazed and afraid from my recent DX. I was grateful then and I am grateful now. Nothing can really take your pain away, but you raised a fine son ma'am!

Blessings

Betty

Dear Greg's Mom,

Greg was a wonderful person, and I often thought of you, the woman who raised him. I miss him. And I want to say "thank you" to you for helping to form the character of such a kind hearted soul. I hope you will stay with us and share your experiences with others. You have a lot to offer. And maybe we can give back a little in the way of comfort to you.

Best Wishes,

Dear Greg's Mom,

Welcome to our group. I want you to know that your son is missed here and that we cared deeply for him. His passing so quickly and so young was a real shock.

Ginny

Hi Greg's Mom,

I am so glad you came here. I know that the pain and loss you must be feeling is huge. I can't begin to imagine.

But I also know that your heart must be swelling to the point of bursting with pride for your son. He was a true hero. He faced this battle head on and fought with grace and valor. He also didn't focus on his one trials, but reached out to help others along the same path.

I struggle with this post, as there just are not words enough to tell you how much I respected and admired him. He had such a warm and positive personality and a way of making me feel hope and strength when I thought there was none left. At times he was my angel online, and I am thankful to you for raising such a wonderful person. The world is a lesser place without him. We've all felt the pain of his loss here, as we lost a much loved family member as well.

God Bless you

Carleen

Hi, I'm glad to see your message. I am the "big sister" of a lung cancer survivor here, DavidC. I only know your son Greg through reading his old messages, as I only joined this message board in January. But I know that Greg and my brother were friends, having "met" here, and I know that David took Greg's death very hard. I can see that your son meant so much to so many people, and that he really had a great personality. I just wanted to add my voice to those thanking you for raising a great man. Your family is in my prayers.

BeckyCW

Dear Greg's Mom,

I know what it has taken for you to come on board and post a message to everyone. This lost is so big for I to have had a loss of my dear husband close to a month ago and it still hurts so bad. I cannot nor do I want to know what it feels like to lose one's child.

Am glad you found this board for maybe it will help you heal knowing all the wonderful people on here including myself loved reading Greg's posts.

Greg inspired me also when I first came to this board with news about my dad. He pushed me to ask the dr about PET scans when the oncologist didn't really think it was necessary. He was a wonderful, caring person and helped many people here. May you find peace knowing that you raised such caring children.

Guest bartziggiesmom

I am overwelmed at eh messages I received after I posted on here. It's really nice to hear from people with good hearts filled with so much love. I wish I could carry on Greg's wish and work he was doing, I have the back bone but not the wisdom and knowledge that Greg had. He even called the radio station and newspapers, he made the headlines in the paper. Once again thanks everyone for your messages. Gregs Mom

Gregs Mom,

Greg was a great person and very well liked here. You should be very proud of him, I know he supported others in a meaningful way. Please accept our sincere sympathies. Try and remember those precious moments with Greg forever......