hi, I'm new here too

norell

:) I decided to look into this site because 1) I'm a cancer survivor and 2) I saw it mentioned in an Arizona Republic article.

In case any of you wonder, I KNOW attitude makes a difference in your cancer outcome! So does what you eat, how you exercise (or don't), and your prayer life.

I'd love to discuss privately with any of you how I've beat cancer...and am continuing to do so. E-mail me if you wish.

Norell

Welcome norell. I also have survived lung cancer. We that have survived, I believe, can reach back and help those coming up behind us. I agree with you on your comments. I also had a huge church praying for me. We do quite a bit of prayers on this message board also. Please come and share with us your success. Again . Welcome Donna G

Hello Norell,

Welcome to the Lung Cancer Survivors 4 Change. Glad to hear you found us.

I would like to say that you don't have to do things PRIVATE on the lung cancer board, that's what we're here for, sharing stories, experenices, treatments, sprituality, good foods, helping one another, etc..... Please feel free to share your good fortune with ALL of us. I would love to hear about it.

I am so glad to hear you beat your cancer. Did you have lung cancer?

How long have you been a survivor?

Welcome and I look forward to reading your good fortune story here on the board.

God Bless,

Norell,

Welcome!

I have felt the power of prayer as most of my extended family ended up praying for me the day I went for surgery (probably while I was being prepped, matter of fact). See, my grandmother's funeral was that day and at the luncheon, the pastor asked for a moment of prayer for her granddaughter...and that was a lot of voices!

I do not believe that it is merely reciting prayers that helps, I believe it is being comfortable in SOME form of faith that helps. One of the biggest things to face with a cancer diagnosis is mortality - the reaffirmation that someday, everyone dies... Without some form of faith, that's a very bad place to be... Through some of the worst nights of my life, I have come to the conclusion that maybe I AM okay with death, I just don't want to do it any time soon! I'm not FINISHED here, yet...

ANYHOW, welcome to the family! Just jump right in and post...foot-in-mouth disease isn't TOO contagious (I no longer have to trim my toenails, I just gnaw 'em off when I get my foot up there...) :wink:

Becky